1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Soft Brakes

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by William B., Apr 23, 2010.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I've noticed lately that the brakes on my truck seem soft. I have to push the pedal down a ways before there really seems to be anything going on. Should I look at just having the brakes bleed or should I look at having the fluid flushed. The truck has 40K on it.
  2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

check your fluid level and probably have the system bled
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How are your brake pads and rotors? When they start to wear down that will make it seem like a soft brake too.
  4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

My 05 has been the same way since I bought it (15K on it when I got it)
    Had new brakes all around done last year, still the same.
    Some techs have made the comment to me about the brakes being a little soft, but no one can find anything wrong.......
  5. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

Might have to adjust the rears if you have drum brakes. My self adjusters were frozen on mine.
  6. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Check your power steering fluid level, being that hydroboost brakes run ps pump pressure for boost. You could also flush and fill the system. Its possible that there could be some air in the lines too.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010