1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sodium Chloride in Super Sacks

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Five Star Lawn Care LLC, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

anyone know where i might be able to but rock salt in 2000-3000# Super Sacks looking for about a dozen or so to buy.

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i know a place in central IA if your interested....they'll be apx 2000#

3. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I bought bulk and filled my own supersacks.......

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

yep got some buddies doing that....they built a funnel bin to scoop it into and use the 2nd skid steer to hold the bag.....this of course is after they treat it.

5. dmontgomery

I used my dump bed and the auger without the spinner to fill the bags.......I am also looking in to barrel bags that hold 500lbs.....

6. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

any idea where to buy the bags and how much were they each?

7. dmontgomery

I got the few I needed from Basher...... there are many sources on the internet just search on bulk bag or super sack........

I think $25 a bag is a ballpark depending on the number bought......they are reuse-able.....

www.bagcorp.com

8. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

How do you re-use them? We used to get our sidewalk mix in the 1 ton bags. They had ears on them to slide the forks through.......we would cut the bottom of the bag while it was in the air to fill the hoppers, then just throw the bag away.

How did you empty them without cutting the bottom?

9. dmontgomery

buy bags with discharge chutes in the bottom.....

spout.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008