1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So you want to start a Snow Removal Business?????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by motodad, Feb 8, 2011.

1. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

Just figured up my fuel cost since last mon . $2600.00. Just had a hard time with the truth of the #'s lol. But wouldnt want to do anything else.

2. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

i do...i'm going to become a snowbird...i never want to see another flake of that white sheet again....i'm going to buy me a pair of plaid pants, pull them up to my nipples, have me a pair of white shoes, and a white belt...play shuffleboard, and go for early bird specials at denny's everyday...... you burnt at least 800 gallons of something since monday...just HOW many pieces of equipment you running?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  3. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Hmm, $9k a month in the winter, if its an average year.

4. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

that's a lot of fuel...and how many pieces of equipment does it take to burn that much?

5. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

$312 in 3 days with my pickup alone.....

6. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Give or take 23.

7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Don't you mean 260 pizzas. :laughing:

8. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

5 trucks, 1 gm 7000 dump and 2 bobcats.

9. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

lol had my share of that this week aswell.

10. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

At under $400/mo per piece of equipment that is not bad at all. I know you have some very effecient equipment that services lots of customers (at least on the resi side anyways), so you must be pretty happy with just a 9k/monthly bill.

(not meaning just as in its not alot of $$$, just that compared to gross, I'm sure your % is better then most I'm sure)

11. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

Dang forgot the sidewalk crew, 1 chevy cargo van and 3 toro blowers. Them guys are the best never hear anything from them they just get it done.

12. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Must be nice, my sidewalk crew never shuts up...wait, I'm my own sidewalk crew, better get that checked out