1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So you want some salt pics?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ontario026, Dec 31, 2009.

1. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

Here are some pics of some salt... My marina is right next to the port authority, where they haul salt in by big ships... the first pic is the stockpile left on the warf where they are loading from right now...

Second pic is the big volvo loader loading some transport dump trailers

third pic is 2 more fairly large stockpiles

and the fourth pic shows another 2 stockpiles across the road, in this pic as well, if you look behind the building on the right, you can see the peak of a large steel building, there are actually 2 very large steel buildings, both are full of salt as well.....

all of the salt piles except the on down on the warf, are brought in by big ship, dumped by the self-unloading ships, then loaded and trucked the the spot of the stockpile, then piled with big azz conveyors... then they drive a D3 dozer up the pile, level the tops, then drag up the black tarps and tarp them all.... quite the process... pisses me off, I've had the marina for 3 years, and I have seen the dozer ontop of the piles many many times, but have never seen them going up or down, just the tracks... darn crappy timing!!!

Matthew

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

2. schmol

schmol Senior Member

Are those the stock piles near Johnstown?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  3. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

yup thats them...

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

holy salt! That must be some awfully rusty equipment they have in not much time unless they continually clean and do something about it! Pretty impressive though!

5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i always wanted to slip and slide down those tarps

6. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

I sell argos as well as boats... I'd love to get some pics of me climbing the piles with a new 8x8 with tracks, but they'd probably not like that!!! LOL

7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Holy crap thats alot of salt lol

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I used that much last week on the bank I plow.

9. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing::laughing:......... wheres my pizza:gunsfiring:

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I think a sled and a dusting of snow would be a faster ride:D

11. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Holy cow that is a giant ...TARP! I didn't know they made them that big?

12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

In the clothing industry ,it's called a MooMoo!