1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So, Ya, Big Bolder...

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MnDLawn, Jan 14, 2009.

1. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

After about 70 driveways at 11:30 last night I backed over a huge bolder that was lining the front of the driveway. I had to have one of our other trucks pull me off. The victim was the rear driveshaft, twisted it right off. So I duck taped a spray paint cap onto the transfer case output shaft, unbolted the driveshaft from the rear end and drove it back to the shop in front wheel drive. I have a shop re-tubing it. Of course it has to be an oddball shaft because it is an F-150 7700, so a junkyard shaft was out of the question. So after 12 years of plowing I finally screwed up big time, o well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Wow. I'm still wondering how you got on top of that thing. That is a big rock to climb. You had a pretty good run for 12 years. If you average the damage out per year it's not that bad.

3. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

You need to stop watching Monster Jam .

4. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

Well if your gunna hit a rock...........

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

he hit the rock but the rock won !:realmad: man that had to hurt .

6. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

HATS OFF TO MnD! For one giving us the pleasure to see the pics he took. 2... admitting it. and last but not least... How the hell did you get on top of that boulder!!! :eek: But i also agree, 12 years and thats the only blunder.. IMO your way ahead of the game. Hope you have 12 more incident free years ahead of you! :salute::drinkup:

7. micr250

micr250 Junior Member

I could really use your help I see u have a F150 7700 I have a F150 6500 need the Torsion Spring code for the 7700 need to put on my truck I do have a post THIS WOULD REALLY HELP ME OUT THE DEALER IS UNABLE TO TELL WHAT SPRING THE SPRING CODE IS IN THE VIN THEY SAY OR ITS ON THE DOOR OR SPRING PLEASE HELP THX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY NEED

8. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Those rocks have been known to move around late at night....could have been worse I guess. As long as no one got hurt (well, maybe just your wallet). I hit one of those rocks myself late one night. Damn thing moved right behind my tire, bent my rim, and made me spill my beer...

9. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i wanna see the truck that found that rock?

10. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

lol.. nothing worse than spilling your barley pop!