1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So.. Would it be a sin to...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mnglocker, Jan 7, 2009.

1. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Would it be a sin to get my 70' K5 blazer cleaned up and running. Only to use it for a plowing toy? (It's only got 68k on the clock) :D
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

yea it would be a shame !
  3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

No, I would go for it. WIth a short wheelbase like that thing has it could be a plowing machine.
  4. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

oo, i wanna see some pictures. lol

sounds like its in pretty good condition.

commercial plowing or just a few driveways? I would hate to ruin a rare condtion rig like that by plowing. Can't find to many with only 68,000 on the clock.

if it were me, i would restore it and baby it. Its on its way to becoming a true ORIGINAL classic, enless of course its a beater.
  5. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

It's got some nasty rust in the front floor and the bottom of the a-pillar post at the floor level.
    I'll scrounge around and find some more pics or snap a few tonight when I pull it into the shop to start sand blasting the under carriage. The exterior is pretty clean as far as rust goes. (for a 40 year old MN truck)

6. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

That's a classic. Unless you were doing your own drive, no plow. You would be fixing things all the time while you could be spending the same energy and money to repair the Blazer.
  7. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

those are awesome trucks, youd be crazy to throw a plow on it...take that plow money and put it into gettin that thing back into its former glory, would love to have one of those
  8. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Hell, I got it for free and it allready has a western w/cable control hydro's on it. So far I've sunk $65 for a battery, and $30 for a carb kit into it. Right now I've got massive holes in the cab floor cut out to replace the sheet metal that was rotted through.
  9. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

you failed to mention any of that before...i would plow with it this winter and use that money to restore it in the summer...would keep the truck completely free, cant argue with that :drinkup:
  10. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

man i love those rounded wheel wells...i'd put an 8footer on that... its a tank with the rite tires and ballast
  11. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Any interest in clearing out some garage space? I might be able to find a new home for it.
  12. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

Wanna double your money? It'd make a great companion to my 72 4x4 pickup! :D