1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So who thinks its going to be a good or bad year?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by B.Bells, Oct 9, 2009.

1. B.Bells

B.Bells Senior Member

I think its gonna be a GREAT year. To many signs in my eyes says so!! lol:laughing: but what do you think? and if i may ask why?
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

well the summer was chit so if the winter was chit i wouldnt be surprised
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I hope its a snowless season. This way it's easier for me to get my seasonal checks to the bank to cash.
  4. B.Bells

B.Bells Senior Member

so you dont refund under what the bid was, or roll it over to summer work??

i.e if you bid it at 20pushes and you do lets say 15, what happens is that all profit?
    Sorry new to the seasonal contracts?
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Refund money? Let me wipe my tears off the keyboard!

Seasonal contracts are a bet from both sides. I hope it don't snow ,but they hope it's does so they don't feel they got ripped off. but in my area its mostly seasonal anyways. companies like to know what to budget for the winter.
  6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Here you go, just in case you run out :D

paper towels.jpg
  7. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

Seasonal is seasonal and it's a risk for the plower and the plowee, typically they're bid on average precip and number of average pushes per year...so "typically" if a job is bid at 10 pushes and only 8 are completed, then it's more profit for the plower. but if they end up plowing 12 times then that's great for the customer since they only paid for 10.

Personally, these past 4 years for us have been really good, we had about 10 dry years prior with minimal snow...granted we dont get amounts most of you northern and lake effect guys get, but for us when we get 4-7" it's a big big deal LOL!! "They" say it'll be a dry year since it's an El Nino season, but "they" also say if ya get alot of rain during the summer you'll also have alot of winter time precip, and we've had way more rain then we needed this year so we'll see...I HOPE it's a great year, but i never make any assumptions or plans...just roll with it.
  8. B.Bells

B.Bells Senior Member

Ah, now i see.. thanks that helps put it in a simple way...