1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

so whats next for Fisher?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by stillen, Jan 16, 2010.

1. stillen

stillen Senior Member

Hey what do you guys think is up next for Fisher..... the MM1 was great, and the MM2 is even better...... what do you think is on the R&D minds next? would they call it a MM3 ..... I'm wondering how they could even improve the next generation plows better... I know I'd like to see a system similar to the BOSS plows where i could swap out anytime i wanted a straight, or Vee, or extended plow and just have to swap the hand controller to make it work on my vehicle ........making it a little more versatile
  2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

More multiplex stuff be that good or bad. I also think they will be dumping the SD line. Finally the biggie chain lift will be abolished in favor of direct lift like the HT and Homesteader. They will keep the MM2 because its nice and simple.
  3. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

how about a stainless xls? or a SS xv with expanding wings? with a new hinge design. That would be sweet
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I think whoever puts power wings on a Vee wins.

I suspect we will see more Direct Lift plows from all manufacturers. Multiplex wiring is likey here to stay.

There will always be a strong following for chain lift plows. DD will probably keep one of their lines with a chain lift. Fisher? Western? Who knows.

As for mounting system, Fisher has to do something, soon. If everything isn't lined up just right, snow under the tires, the plow has sunk into the ground, whatever, the MM can be a real bear. From what I have read/heard, the MM is the worst of all the DD plows.
  5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Why does everyone think they are ditching the chain lift? Also I think the minute mount is very easy and very simple-something that works when it comes to equipment.
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Fisher's two newest "from the ground up" plows have direct lift. The Homesteader and the HT.
  7. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

it's true if you unhook your plow on the ice outside or in the snow.. then the ground thaws and it sinks it can be a pain. But on solid ground it works perfect i think.
    Didn't I hear or read somewhere that Sno-Way's patent on down pressure is going to run out soon? If that's the case I bet the other direct lift MF's will jump all over it.
  8. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Hmmm, thats some interesting thought! I'd kinda like a stainless XLS :cool:
    True. It could be a cursing battle sometimes. Two days ago I spent 20min hooking up the XLS after the trucks oil change was done. :realmad: But for the majority of the time it goes on easy.
  9. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

The direct lift system enables them to add down pressure down the road when Sno-Way's patents run out on that feature is one reason that comes to mind.
  10. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

i dont think fisher will ever lose the chain lift thats there heritiage same with the triangle even the HT has at least the look of the triangle on it thats just how u can tell a fisher from anything else if anything i think douglas dynamics will either abolish western or make them be the the direct lift counter part of fisher,

secondly they will some how weight permiting intermingle the V plows with the XLS some how,

down the road i see them getting rid of all steel blades and going SS, Aluminum, or poly.

and i also believe going with the western direct lift idea i believe they will add some sort of down pressure.

one thing they need to do is install at the very least rubber snow deflectors standard none of this "thats extra" line

We all know about the warrenty hassles that fisher has when it comes to there plows "labeling everything as abuse" well how about this for an extra charge at time of purchase for 2 seasons no questions asked what ever it is if its broke they fix it under warrenty.

oh and one other thing i do believe eventually DD will come out with an electric hitching system like boss just to say they have it. Will it be better? who knows but ill be honest my MM2 mounting system may not be perfect but i wouldent have it any other way just because its so simple. nothing to wear out or burn up
  11. festerw

festerw Senior Member

They've already got it, Power Hitch 2 on the Blizzard plows.
  12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Again as others have said, they have it, blizzard's power hitch.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to make the XLS with a Stainless moldboard skin, they would have to make the entire moldboard frame stainless too. The moldboard skin is an integral part of the moldboard assembly, providing triangulation.

I'm not saying the SS frame wouldn't be worth it, but it would be expensive.......
  14. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

I kind of like the idea of being able to take the "skin" off my plow and paint it or whatever. Expandable wings on a v-plow would be neat, but I think it would get heavy. Plus, two more buttons on the controller? If I am correct, I should be able to go from my xv to a xls, all the electronics are interchangable. My Fishstik is for a xls, it says retract and extend instead of vee and scoop. SS is nice, but can Fisher do away with their trademark yellow:confused:

It will be interesting to see what they all come up with. What is left??

Maybe one that you can roll it so you can give it more curve to either side like some of the highway plows. A v-plow snow foil would be nice.
  15. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

I see more multi plex in their future 3 out of 6 of their plows already use it....xv..xls...ht..vs homesteader(which now uses the same valve block as the ht) rd.. and hd...
  16. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

I think next they are going to start producing plow blades for atvs.

Then I think that they will start making hats and cool T shirts with their logo on them.