1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So whats going on with our snow?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by stroker79, Nov 20, 2008.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I know its early/ish and the seasons are changing over but one day there is snow in the forcast and the next its gone, than 2 days later there is snow predicted all over the place and then im sure it will go away again, then it will say sunny and we will get hit by a blizzard.

Im also hearing it will be a nasty winter (Good) then im hearing it will be mild.

I know here in the chicagoland area its a bit hard to predict but its makin my nerves rattle!

I know there is no such thing as a concrete answer with anything pertaining to weather but to all you amatuer weather people out there,

What is our weather to look like in the 45 days in the chicagoland area???

Thanks!

2. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Its early for us to have snow here now...but like you say...It could and Is melting here and there
    My bet goes to lots of snow this year

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Here are a couple of suggestions for you Doug.

Put a rock in the middle of your backyard and check it daily

If it feels cold, it is probably cold

If it is wet, probably rain or the dog pee's on it

If it is warm, it is probably warm................or could possibly be the dog thing again

If it is white, probably snow

If it is gone, either it's windy or your wife got sick and tired of you playing with a rock and took it away

Hope this helps you out and you have a snowy profitable winter. :waving:

4. stroker79

LMAO, Thanks Tom, Ill start looking for a rock.

5. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

I think we are on the wrong side of the lake. Or the wrong side of the state line if your to the north.

6. stroker79

Im in Schaumburg so yeah we are definately on the wrong side of the lake.

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

It's a plot.....im somewhat prepared so its not going to snow;)