1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So what size plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bigskytom, Nov 30, 2006.

1. bigskytom

bigskytom Junior Member
    from Montana

I had to go out to the mine where this big CAT is working today to take some pictrures. Wonder how much gas this baby would use. Would jack up the cost per hour for this truck.

2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Probally nothing bigger than a Snobear or a snow sport or you would have to tighten up the torsion bars to much.You wouldn't want to do that it might make it ride rough:D

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

That's only a 777 or 785 (judging by the body shape). which would be one of the babies, you should see the 797, that's a big dog! Payloads of about 380-400 tons!
  4. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Judging by the door, I would say its a 785.
  5. bigskytom

bigskytom Junior Member
    from Montana

Its a 785

Its a 785 with a 150 ton payload. They are running these babies at a gold mine out here and I was asked to verify serial numbers for an equipment lease on 11 of the 40 they have running 24 x 7.
  6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

LMAO I was thinking the same :p
  7. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Wouldn't use any gas. Fuel. :D

Sorry just had to. Nice picture though, any pics of the excavators used to load them up?
    Our biggest truck @ work is a 50 ton cat. Underground mining so drift size limits equipment.
  8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Um, I wonder what the going rate for one of them with a plow? :D
  9. speedy

speedy Senior Member

If you have to ask........:D