1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So what kind of plow do you use on this truck?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Zack1978, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Zack1978

Zack1978 Member
    from NJ

Hi everyone,
    I might be purchasing a 2005 Ford F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed pick up, with the PSD Diesel. It seems that the major plow companies do not make plows for that truck. Any ideas? IS it a truck that you can not plow with?

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I ran that truck through the BOSS Website and you can put anything from a 7'6" Standard Duty Steel Blade to a 9'2" Steel V-Plow on that truck. It will feel like a school bus manuvering it because of the long box with a crew cab, but will plow just the same, especially with the 6.0 Powerstroke pushing....Just my 0.02:salute:
  3. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

an 8' or 9' foot Snoway will work great.....
  4. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Western 8ft Pro Plus!! xysport
  5. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

An 05 should have coils in the front and the new steering so you will be pleasantly suprised as to how well it turns onto places an older super duty wouldn't fit.
  6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I second that but would go with a 8.5' pro plus or an 8' pro plus with the pro plus wings. Since its a very long truck the extra width is your friend when turning.
  7. JN16184

JN16184 Member

I have the '05 SD, 6.0 F250, extended cab and short box. I've got a Meyer C-8 with an EZ mount. It worked a couple of years ago...when we had snow.:cry:

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

I had that same truck except with a short bed,I plowed with it for two years and it works very well but I can tell you anything less than an 8.6 is two small My buddy runs a 9 foot pro plow on his and it works great.My 8.2 boss power-v when turned all the way ,barely was wider than the truck!!
  9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, very true. The 05's to current do turn a little tighter than previous Super Duty's. If I was to put a plow on the truck in question, it would be a 9'2" Boss Steel V...payup
  10. ffshuter

ffshuter Junior Member

I have a 2001 F250 with an 8' Diamond.
  11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I think anything under 8.5' will cause problems when turning with that big of a truck. On my old truck, a 7.5' on a regular cab longbed just cleared the wheels on turns. I'd go with whatever you can afford and the closest reputable dealer. Western, Fisher, and Boss among others make some great heavy duty plows.
  12. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Start with Fisher & you won't be looking elsewhere, OR... look at all the others & end up at Fisher. You won't be disappointed

13. dalejr08

dalejr08 Junior Member

i agree go fisher. we have a 2007 ford f-550 with an 8 foot fisher v-plow on it and it doesnt even flinch.
  14. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

After the blizzard we had back a few weeks ago I would recommend nothing less than a v plow for that truck. Straight blades couldn't cut it with that deep of snow. The vee will do everything a straight will but its really nice to be able to cut through drifts. All the vee's on the market today are good, just find a dealer close by cuz when you break down it sucks!! I just happen to prefer western but they are all good brands.
  15. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher or Western. 8', maybe an 8.5. JMO