1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So what is the difference??????

Discussion in 'THE SNOWPLOW Snow Pushers / Shovel Discussion' started by DellDoug, Sep 25, 2009.

1. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Hey guys what makes this product better then a good quality shovel?
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

3. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Sorry if this is a dumb question? Is this thing not a snow shovel but supposed be a step above the rest? If so why? If I am wrong then fill out the details for me?
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

These shovels are well constructed. The handles and heads don't snap when under duress like many others that I've used. I also like that they come in the size I need (36").

I still think Structron shovels are the best ones you can buy but their biggest size is 24".
  5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I've got the 36" version and it's way too wide. We typically have wet snow, so it's too much to push and builds up very quickly to a point of not being able to push it (and I've got a lot of weight behind me to push it with). However, it appears to be very well constructed and would work well in light/fluffy snow falls.
  6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

sorry bout that...
    Let me start by saying, I like to have a few different styles of shovel with me and each guy out running for me. I have not found a shovel thats the best at everything. I did order 3 of these recently ( (2) - 30 in. & (1) - 36 in.), and they seem to be well built. I ordered them due to some good reviews I found by searching the shovel threads.
  7. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I bought the 24" model last fall. The shovel seems very durable and will hopefully last for years to come since I only do 1 residential.

The only weakness I feel it has is the ability to scoop and throw snow.
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Is this a quote from your wife and her experience with it?:rolleyes:
  9. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I seen them at the Snow Games, those shovels have a steep angle, almost curves a bit at the top then goes straight down. Triple L has two of them.
  10. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

How do you know that Cre?

Actually I have 2-36" and 1-30"... absolutly love them... for the lighter 5cm or less snow, you can rock stuff out in half the time... its not a scooper shovell, just a pusher more less, which works great for me. We just push all our walks out into the parking lot and never really lift the snow...
  11. thesnowplow.com

thesnowplow.com Junior Member
    from 50525

The Difference?

The SnowPlow Snow Pushers are a top quality product built with the commercial users needs in mind. There is always the right tool for the right job. If you are looking to quickly clear large areas from several inces of snow we have the right tool.

Sidewalks, Steps, WoodDecks, Patios, and Aggregate & Stone surfaces usually create a challange. Not with a lighweight, rust free, non abrasive, indestructable snow pusher.

Our product is built with a formed 1/4" thick UHMW poly blade available in widths upto 48" wide. The typical commercial user will get 2-4 seasons of extreme use out of our blades before they need replaced. A homeowner typically uses an individual shovel for 10 years plus.

All of our parts are assembled with a simple bolt together construction. This allows the user to replace any of the parts if that becomes neccesary or if you decide to replace blades after a few seasons you could choose a larger or smaller size blade to better fit your needs.

Our product has been put to the test. From the largest contractors to the single plow truck our product is built for the abuse of the season.

Don't be afraid to chop with it!
  12. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Best shovel I have ever owned.
  13. Exact Services

Exact Services Senior Member

I own the 24" - 30" and the 36" Snowplow shovels.

I like the 36" and this is the first one I grab to clean up after using a snow thrower or to use in light powder and forget using a thrower. When I start to get haggard later in the day I start grabbing the 30". I rarely use the 24" just because it's close to the same size as the Suncast poly shovel I typically use to clear in front of garage doors and front steps.

I'm actually considering ordering out the 48" replacement blade and swapping it out on the 24". :rolleyes:
  14. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

I have a 30 and a 36 and love them.
  15. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Where do I get these shovels. I'm in the Omaha ne area?
  16. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Just get them off of their website. They ship pretty quick.
  17. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

I have 5 of the 30" and 5 of the 36".....I'd say these are the best investments so far for shovels I've made for my business.....and unfortunately I have too much experience with shovels!! to suite me...I'd rather be sitting on a beach somewhere like grandview...:)
  18. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

I honestly do not know how I did my residential/condo route without these great products. I use the 36" mostly to clear in front of the door, and the 24" to do steps and if the snow is really deep. Trust me, they are worth the money !
  19. Bubba plow

Bubba plow Junior Member

I got the 36 and its a beast.I wish I had bought the 30 its used in the video.I found that out after I ordered the 36.
  20. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

we got 3 of the 24s and 3 of the 30's they're great for the average storm. if you have to scoop a lot of snow then there may be better options, but for pushing walks they're great. the scrape on steps and decks is awesome with no scratch marks either.

IMAG0167 (3).jpg