1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So what is the best plow made (subjective I know)

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Zack1978, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Zack1978

Zack1978 Member
    from NJ

Hi everyone,
    HOpefully in the near future I will own an F250, either Super Cab 4x4 short bed 5.4 gas, or CC LWB SRW 6.0 PSD. I would like to put a plow on the truck! The truck will NEVER EVER be used for any commercial purpose. The only use would be family driveways and my own driveway. I have a Fisher plow on my 79 Toyota 4x4 short bed, and I think it is a good plow? But what company makes the best plow? I have heard many great things about BOSS plows? Any ideas, tips, etc? I realize that people will be biased towards different plows, and this is subjective, but what is the best? I am very curious what most people think is the best, and why they feel as they do.

Thank you,
  2. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i was debating what plow to get a few months ago and i decided on a western i love it
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

best plow

i think the best plow is a boss plow,i like the mounting,the speed,durability, but then it just comes down to what works best for you ,that makes it the best plow made by man!!!:salute:
  4. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

5. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

The Boss and Fisher are both excellent plows. It sounds like you narrowed it down to them. Go with the better and/or closest dealer to you.
  6. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

So what is the best plow made

I have an 8 ft Fisher & its a Nice Plow but You asked? what is the Best Plow? & I*M attempting to be as Honest as I can BE! BOSS is a Good One also & its been yrs since I owed a Myers & they have a better plow now but in just looking Myers is not the Best that I have looked at & here Fisher--Boss & Blizard are the ones I have seen as some on this Plow site I have never heard of Before? let alone looked them over & I assume? any Make? would Serve you Needs Plowing Your Driveway & a few Freinds or Neighbors & I*M Not able to Compair PRICES? but to ME just in Looking FISHER--MYERS--BOSS & BLIZZARD--I*D Go with a BLIZZARD as every One that has ONE! Swears by them! & in Looking the BLIZZARD over I have Seen Bull Dozer Blades that Looked Cheaper in Design Material Wise! & I*M talking about a Streight 3 way Blade & NOT all that extra Fancy Stuf! My next Plow will be a BLIZZARD! --OleTower--
  7. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

The best plow is the one that is sold and serviced locally. For your light use you probably couldn't buy a bad plow without trying hard...I would look for what is sold locally and choose from those brands. For me thats Fisher or Boss...might be different for you.
  8. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I agree, fast service. I would look close at a stainless....
  9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The best plow, is the one that does the job.

RED, yellow or white.
  10. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

The best plow? Well I have not seen it yet. Hopefully I will see it very soon. It will be the plow hanging off of the truck of the person who I hire to plow MY driveway after I retire from fighting snow, and after 34 years it can't come soon enough!:D

Ok in all seriousness, like a few have mentioned already, find a plow sold by a dealer who can service it locally and is available in the middle of a storm to do so!
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2007