1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So, what is it gonna be? 12", less, 20", more?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oldmankent, Jan 22, 2005.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Well, here in Gloucester, Rockport it has been flurrying all day. Probably picked up 1.5" of very light snow, and now the snow has lightened up, but it is getting that wetter feel to it. Most likely due to the moisture off the water and the rising temps. I was really hoping for 12"+ of light snow, but I think it is going to get pretty wet. They are still giving over a foot of snow in my area. The wind is just starting to come up, and sounds like it will be blowing pretty good througout the night. Not looking forward to any power outages. Really don't need something else to deal with. So, what does everyone think? Are we going to get snow like that big storm we had two years ago? I don't think it will be quite that much, but I bet we get a good dose. I feel like they are hyping this storm for some reason...
  2. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

i just heard we are going to get 20+. It sounds a lot to me, but we'll see
  3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

20" at least. What do you have for temps in Rockport, its 12 degrees here so its going to be nothing but pure wind whipped powder.
  4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

23.3 degrees according to Sandy Bay Yacht Club weather station and rising.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2005