1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So what broke on your truck last night?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BPK63, Nov 8, 2012.

1. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Just so I don't feel so bad. Who else? First snow just plowing my driveway and the Y pipe cracks and now it's LOUD. Not a good sign of things to come.

2. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

Nothing. I have a Ford.

J/k. In all reality though, im sorry to hear that happened and hopefully there is nothing else to come for ya! Im actually in the middle of rebuilding my lift cylinder on my western. Was pretty leaky last year.

3. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Oh I had a Ford for years and put about 5k in repairs into that thing before I sold it.

4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

NOTHING!!!!!!However,when I re attached my Boss controller hot wire in the cab[due to my big foot catching it I think] to a terminal by the E brake,I must not have gotten the right one.When I turn my thumbwheel for dash lite intensity or for the cab lites,I get a clicking and the headlites on the plow flash a few times until they stabilize.Good first storm to get reacquainted with my stuff.

5. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

Jeez. Remind me not to let you drive any of my stuff. Sounds like you are prone to breaking things. After all, this is what this thread is about right?

6. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I blew my truck refrigerator up, I used all last year with no problems, this year I plugged it in and it was blowing hot air and got hot enough to blow a soda can, wtf! So now I guess I have to store my drinks in my toolbox or bring a cooler

7. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Developed a clunk in the left front that sounds like a CV joint on the way out. Won't be able to look at it until the weekend but I'm guessing new half-shafts, hubs/bearings, and front brakes are in my not-too-distant future.

8. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Doing cleanups with the 95 1ton dump and noticed it pulling to the right when you brake...siezed drivers side caliper. Between rusted brake lines blowing out and siezed parts I spend thousands every year fixing my chevys.

9. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Took the truck out for a test run, (no snow) and the idler pulley started squawking so i put a new one on, then walking by the truck this morning I smell gas, look underneath the truck and find the fuel return line rusted out, So i replaced the hole thing. two things and the snow hasn't started flying yet.

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

only up side is its better to catch it now then a few hours into your route

11. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Good reason to drive around for a few days with your plow on, as it helps me figure out what needs to be tweaked.

I do this every year to make sure nothing goes wrong................. and then something usually does, but normally not dramatic.

12. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

No snow here. Just drove it to run it some, and saw oil spots in the driveway. Engine oil cooling line rusted through.
    So I better check the oil right. The damn dip stick tube rusted off and the dip stick just lays there, not even in the motor.

13. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

well i had to work 12-8 so my brother drive my truck.....i got a call about an hour into the night, the hose was blowing fluid out of the connection at the motor and leaked some. im very happy thats all that went wrong. i rebuilt the plow up this fall so having everything work out makes me happy