1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

so this is the hack job I had to fix

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by daninline, Jan 4, 2009.

1. daninline

daninline Senior Member

So I got this truck last year from a buddy cheap, and now I know why now the more I work on it the more I see. It's getting better now bit by bit.

Here's some photo's of the mess I'm working with, as you can see the chain holding the header off the front drive shaft :gunsfiring:

The last photo is one of the mew manafolds installed.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

sweet piece of early American engineering payup
  3. daninline

daninline Senior Member

What was better was the yellow tie down strap that was in place after he broke a gas tank strap :mad: or the front diff that sounds like it has a broken gear that I have to fix next...

The list can keep going I just replaced all the tie rods inner and outer today one was about to fall off.

I'm so glad I have a lift in the garage :D
  4. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

No such thing as cheap or a deal... good luck and keep pluggin' away at it. Been there too!
  5. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Honestly who here hasn't hacked something together to finish a storm? Low budget repairs got to love it.
  6. daninline

daninline Senior Member

no he hacked everything LOL funny thing is he has the money to fix things right.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

So you dint get under the truck before you bought it?

A man's gotta do what a mans gotta do.
  8. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i think those are all i do
  9. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I did a little but he's a good friend, but he did start to tell me some of the issues as I was loading it onto the trailer.... after it was too late.
    I allready told him he sucks LOL but I did get his old Mustang for a steal it's my new drag car and yes I'm looking at everything I don't want to have any problemw at 150MPH

Right now I'm looking at the EGR valve issue I think, he was allway getting bad MPG and now it pinging so I think the EGR vavle is junk.
  10. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

adjustable exhaust hangers...
    good luck
  11. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

A chain...wow, new headers look good though!
  12. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I hope it's the mustang destined for 150MPH and not the truck. wesport
  13. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Oh ya it's the Mustang, I don't think I would trust the truck over say 80 LOL

Here's a photo of the Mustang if it work's here...

Motor... all I'll say is it's over 500cid with over 750 lift cam.. ya it might be fast

Back to the truck so I think the EGR is not getting vacume now.
  14. daninline

daninline Senior Member

thanks and so much more quieter also and the fumes there all gone :)
  15. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

WTF......LOL..... My ol man always used to tell me "The world is full of deals...... some deals are better than others" A guy has to jump on a project like that every once in a while...... Dont feel like an outcast on this deal at all..... I wish i had a picture for some of the things i bought that i had great plans for!:)