1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So my posts got close?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by treefarm, Jan 5, 2013.

1. treefarm

treefarm Member

I'm not really sure why they lock my thread down I was waiting for some responses from the manufacture of why the plow doesn't have a simple grease fitting in the center? I simply state the obvious about the plow week hydraulic lines and that's quite evident from both of them failing , also I never got an answer from two reps that are reaching out to me will the warranty cover the pump if it's been damage due to the failed lines? I'd really appreciate only helpful suggestions so they don't lock my thread again good grief

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I would like to hear an answer to this too. I'm ready to buy a extreme v but the center pin problems are what are holding me back. How come i never heard any pin issues from the older EZV or Boss v plows?

3. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

The thread was just getting too heated, to many posts for the mods to delete fast enough. As long as people can keep from bashing I'm sure a rep will might respond

4. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I thought the thread had run its course so that is why I closed it down

and yes, we can/will leave this thread open for discussion as long as it stays on point and decent

thanks guys :waving:

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Guys there is nothing wrong with the center pin. Ive only replaced one due to me going into a small ditch and the right side wing held my truck off the ground in the front for over 2 hours waiting for a hook. Even then is was only slightly bent. They wont freeze up due to weather or grime. Every season before and after I just spray it down with Fluid Film. As far as the OP's issues, all of or most of the problems could be related to one issue. I wish you the best of luck because I know right where your coming from! Our first XV's cutting edge basically melted off several inches during its first plow and I went nuts! In short, they fixed the problem and they have performed flawless ever since. I did replace 1 set of hoses on the 06 blade (but only one really needed replaced). I understand 6k is A LOT of money and you expect it to be perfect but nothing ever is, they will stand behind their product, just take a step back, take a breath then proceed. Again with the very occasional bath during the winter and a pre and post season light spray of FF the 06 still looks and runs like new. I know you guys dont know me personally but I kind of tell it like it is and if its a POS I will usually say its a POS, (read some of my posts),lol. Good luck with Im sure they will do the right thing.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  6. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

Hi Tree,

I also work for Douglas Dynamics/Fisher. I can appreciate your frustration having just purchased a new plow and experiencing some issues. If you would like to talk to me directly to see if we can determine what is going on with your plow, you are welcome to give me a call. My number is 414-362-3832. I will be in on Monday. If you would like to talk with me earlier just send me an e-mail at jkopp@douglasdynamics.com with your phone number and I will give you a call asap. Again sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

I just want to assure you that we do care a great deal about quality control. We have been around for a very long time and have always cared about putting a quality plow in the hands of our Plowers. I would really like to help if I can. Take care.

Jeff Kopp

7. Brian Young

Ive never heard of any center pin issues with the XV's, not saying there never has been but I know a ton of guys who run several and never any mention. As far as the old EZV, Ive owned one and that was short lived! I bought it used with a dump we bought and it was never right since we bought it even after spending about 700 bucks fixing it. As far as BOSS V's They're good plows too, I know a few guys who run them but when I was a sub many, many years ago a friend and I finished up a lot together and I jumped in his truck, he just got a new truck and shinny new plow so I wanted to check it out. Any ways we did one more tiny lot with a manhole cover in it and he hit that thing in scoop position and holy crap! I thought I would see plow parts everywhere, obviously I didnt but there was no way I was going to subject my trucks to hits like that. You cant beat a trip edge!

8. Brian Young

Hey Jeff, when are you guys going to come out with a stainless XLS type plow? :nod:

9. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

Hey Brian - Very interesting. Out of curiosity, how much more do you think you would pay for a SS XLS compared to the XLS? We could definitely price out some scenarios. Generally we have to determine if there is a market for that type of product. You never know; it would be an awesome plow!

jeff

10. Brian Young

Well first off, I personally hate the way painted plows look after even 1 season of moderate pushing. Im not exaggerating when I say our 06 SS XV still looks new. Me personally, I would pay a couple hundred more for a SS version. My plan was to sell our 06 blade and mount our other XV on that truck then put a XLS on "my" truck. I just ordered wings for mine and very much looking forward to using them and see if they save me any more time. BTW, I think they (wings) are a bit pricy. But again I would pay a couple hundred more. I cant imagine the steel costing much more than the steel your already using. Honestly, that was a big reason we didn't buy an XLS. Im sure some guys will call that petty but I think an image is important to customers and pulling into a lot with a beat rusty looking plow....well we just can't have that,lol Build me one and I'll be glad to demo it for you!

11. Brian Young

Jeff, wanted to add, look how many Extreme V's are out there. I bet 1 out of 50, maybe 1 out of 100 are painted versus SS. Where I live I see Extreme V's everywhere and throughout the years have only seen 1 painted version.

12. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Anything can happen. Here's one of very few SS MVP ever made.

IMG_0203.jpg

To the OP, Im sure Jeff,John or Hugh will take care of you. Hugh is a great guy and helped me out with the plow above. I wouldn't be worried about anyhing.

IMG_0203.jpg

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  13. Turfnazi

Turfnazi Junior Member

X's 2! You took the words right out of my mouth. I will take one also.

14. 1olddogtwo

The cost of the SS is one thing, trying to marry the SS to mild steel is another. I would think the whole plow would have to be resigned for SS.

15. Brian Young

See, thats where you lost me,lol. I dont know anything about welding different types of steel together. BTW what wings are those, they look too short to be oem but likin' the black finish!

16. 1olddogtwo

IMG_1194.jpg

SS VEE 177.jpg

They are %100 factory

IMG_0212.jpg

The snow catchers had a gap so I wet jetted the bolt holes to close the gap

IMG_0257.jpg

They have enough overlay to slot

IMG_0272.jpg

And adding wings stop is all I've done besides FF. Hasn't even been used this snowless season in Chicago.

IMG_1194.jpg

SS VEE 177.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

17. Brian Young

Thats why they look short.....you have the big boy set up,lol I should have gone with the 9 footer, my truck would have handled it, just wasn't thinking, there was too much SS and yellow floating around in the dealers shop,lol AND WINGS! Shut the front door! thats a big ars plow.

18. Brian Young

That original gap is weird. Never saw that before. We've been through 4 different cutting edges on both of our v's and never a gap like that

19. 1olddogtwo

I cut 5/8's out of each shoe for adjusting them closer and then put the cut out pieces on the other side of the plow bolts. Got about 3/16's gap now for triping. Maybe the MVP is diffrent. I can remenber the last time I seen a XV. This is Western Counrty around here.

SS VEE 247.jpg

SS VEE 250.jpg

SS VEE 254.jpg

SS VEE 255.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

20. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

There is a center pin issue. A 2011 9'6 broke the center pin and needed new bushings, and a 2009 broke the center pin last year. There are plenty of complaints on this website of center pin issues. Do we really think grease fittings are all that is needed?