1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So my plow is bent...

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Gear_Head, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

I don't remember plows ever having a bend in them and I sure don't remember seeing it when I bought it. The deal was so good I expected this though. My cutting edge is bent right it the middle as is the bottom of the moldboard assembly, ever so slightly. I was replacing the edge anyhow, but now I am not sure which way to go.

I have some patch panels here I was gonna use to patch some of the moldboard. I have called a favor in to a friend who is a blacksmith for IDOT and fixes their plows, so I am confident he can point me in the right direction.

Other than a new moldboard, what it the best option at this point in repairing it correctly?

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Post a pic if you can

3. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

maybe..I am kind of embarrassed I missed this....

4. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

I'd like to see it too. Maybe I can help.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Body shop with an alignment rack can usually pull it back straight pretty quick.

6. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

no kidding... I never thought about that

I will take pics tomorrow and post up for everyones enjoyment

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I did mean I wanted to see it to advise, not to laugh at your expense ;)

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You liar:rolleyes:

Post the pics so the rest of us can advise

or laugh

9. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

It could be just in the cutting edge. I have seen it before. Like you hit a man hole cover right in the middle.

10. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

This is exactly what it looks like happened. I removed the cutting edge and the moldboard itself looks like it is tweaked a bit at the bottom, right in the middle. I will post pics...we can all laugh...and figure out how to fix it. Ultimately this plow is only for my drive, but I like my stuff to be sharp looking as well.

11. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

the 2x2 piece of angle iron behind it is bent, I was hoping to avoid cutting it out and replacing it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

my local body shop is gonna put it on their frame machine and see what they can do.