1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

so many differant facts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rewoodworking, Dec 31, 2003.

1. rewoodworking

rewoodworking Senior Member

i have been trying to get a mount for my truck as most of you know and i want a good price like us all
    but each guy (or company ) i call gives me a different answer
    i have gotten four different western part numbers and now a guy said i have to change my plow lights to fit the wiring who do you trust

i want to order something and it gets shipped to me and it fits :dizzy: :help:

2. RPMAK

RPMAK Member

I had the same story with my Fisher dealer I ended up with five different harness and final I called Fisher direct and spoke to there tech line who gave me the correct part numbers so I could inform the dealer what to order.

I would recommend you contact Western directly and speak to them on what it is you need.

3. CMerLand

CMerLand Senior Member

Heres a thought??? Instead of calling all over gods green earth and spending countless hours trying to find the absolute lowest price in the country so that you can then pay to have it shipped to your doorstep, why not find your local reputable dealer of the plow maker of your choice and have them get you the plow that you need?
    This way when something turns out to be wrong part, or if it doesnt work or needs a part in the middle of a snowstorm you have a business relationship with someone that can actually help you out of that jam?

Sure it may cost you a few extra bucks, but local dealer support that you can count on has dug me out of more then one jam. This Wall-marting of America has gotten out of control with everyone looking for only the lowest price, and then bitching and crying that theres no customer support.

Have a good day.

4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

DITTO: There are some things that you must have dealer support for. Dealers know their customers and know how to handle non customers. THINK.

5. rewoodworking

the closest real dealer is about 25 miles away from me and if i order or pick up what i need from them and it is wrong i would have to bring it back there and try to get the right parts (right)

well guys that does not sound like it would be worth doing to me

i am in the cabinet business and if I'm not working I'm not making money i pick up the phone and it comes to my door you see still working= making money

who are you to say that if i find someone out of state that i wont build a business relationship with them

with all this technology in communication why would anyone settle for one or two places to buy something

I'm sorry guys but it sounds real good of you to stick up for local business but if i can do what they do i will

and i don't have time to sit around the local supply place and act like he is doing me a solid when all he is doing is charging me full price and saying i give you a discount

besides the blizzard dealer didn't have a problem contacting me when i was looking for plow stuff in the beginning and he is not my local dealer

:nono:

6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

CMerLand, Want to move to Erie and spread the message.........

I can agree with some of the points for haveing is shipped to your door but from the dealer standpoint the phone shoppers can get really nerve wracking when they give the Well I can get it here for this price story. My take is then get it there. My time is valuable too cause while your shopping I'm not working. And when you say "can you do better on the price" it makes me want to say sure and add 20%. I give the price I can sell it for.

By the way rewoodworking, How about a good price on my kitchen delivered to my door ( hey do you install too ?)

Just My .02 Jerre

7. rewoodworking

well yes i can build you a kitchen
    my kitchens start at 30,000.00 and we can do the install that would be about 2500.00 plus travel the shipping is on you from 11941 ny

lets set the record strait i never said i wanted the cheapest price i said (a good price like us all )i think you should read and understand what you are reading before you comment on a subject

i want to buy a product from a dealer that knows what they are talking about someone that did not get a business handed down from there father and really has a passion about what they picked as a carer

it is not fare to the public to deal with someone that could give a **** about weather the part was right or wrong when you ask me a question about my business i know the answer and that is what this thread is about not bashing someone for learning

i am new at this (snow plowing) and i like it and i want to learn all about it so if you don't like what you read don't read it the people that want to learn and give intelligent advice will be appreciated

so (jerre heyer) on to business **** or get off the pot do you want to talk about a kitchen because there is a long list and if your lucky i will give you a number around 252 this year:gunsfiring: :cool:

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

What are you looking for and what truck are you putting it on?

Okay, heres the problem with the parts departments. They can only go by the selection guide that they have. There are many "sellers" out there that are sub-dealers who get their parts from a western distributor (works this way with all brands of plows) who may not do a very good job of forwarding service bullitens and updated selection guides to them. On the other side, the truck manufactures keep making changes that unless you deal with a couple of hundred new installs a year, you might not notice the changes that will cause problems when you go to remount a plow on a truck that is only a year older than what you have now.

The parts dept at the shop im at is always asking if this mount will fit this truck and most of the time i have to tell them that i will have to see the mount and truck because there are 3 versions of that plow mount under the same number. Unless you had all 3 mounts side by side, you wouldnt be able to tell the difference.

9. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

rewoodworking,

On your brake light lamps in back of your truck do you have:

brake and turn signal lens all red?

or

brake lens RED and turn signal ORANGE?

could you please check and post a reply? thanks PT.purplebou

10. rewoodworking

red stop and marker and orange turn

11. rewoodworking

lktrekr9-****;ocpo90f-5l450[50-[o[

that was my 1 year old saying hi

12. #1 plowtech

Ok, you have the newest body style

but i will post a complete reply a little later, kids need dinner and a bath:waving: thanks pt

13. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

drop it off at your dealer let him install it

i dont think wood working tools will help with the install:nod:
    john

14. #1 plowtech

REWOODWORKING

15. rewoodworking

well i hope my two car garage with lift will help it did when i rebuilt my skid steer last year

and i know i don't have to fix or repair daily (ford) :D
    so i don't get as much work time on my truck i own a gmc:gunsfiring:

16. #1 plowtech

let me try again, REWOODWORKING:
    You have the newest body style chevy makes
    (amber light in tail lens confirms that)

mount for truck :63360-1
    harness kit: 63392
    harness kit includes:harness for controller
    headlight harness
    6 (yes six) headlight relays w/jumper wires
    day time running light module
    misc. connectors,wire ties... instructions

as far as someone saying you have to switch the headlights/harness on the plow, thats false, your uni-mount plow is fine as long as you have a 9 pin connector were it plugs into the grill.

You have had conflicting info on what mount to put on because of the year of the truck and what body style,chevy had some years were it could be both body styles.

If you really want to get confused, you could put the ultra mount on the truck with a uni-mount conversion,and instead of the 6 headlight relays with 24 connectors/jumper wires, you would use the new isolation module set up, .....but.... thats when you would have to change your plow headlamp/harness so it would be a 9-pin to an 11-pin,.

i would advise to stick w/ the normal set-up
    i just wanted to throw out there that there is an alternative,i like to give all the options to you.

Goodluck PT.:waving:

17. rewoodworking

thanks very much i am ordering it today :D :drinkup:

18. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Plowtech, check your selection guide again. 04 Gm uses 64077 harness for a straight blade / 64085 for a V with a 64078 headlight kit. Yes, you have to change the headlights or the harness on the plow also. The harness kit should also have a diode jumper wire for the gound leg between the blk/orn wire and the tan jumper (service bulletin SP-754).

19. rewoodworking

ooo #$#%$ is this for my truck

20. #1 plowtech

CRASH935 , i was relating that info to a 2000 model only, or did i miss something and he said a 2004? pt.:)