1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So i've decided on a snow away

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Alpha Property, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

I have a 2000 1500 chev z71 5.3L ext cab short box
    my dealer suggested that i go with a 26 series 7.5ft poly skin and quoted me 5900 for the base plow, 220 for the wireless control, 370 for the dp kit and 125 for the poly skin over the base steel.... soo 6615 plus taxes and install.... now i'm planning on upgrading trucks to a 3/4 or a 1 ton chev and i was leaning toward a 29 series 7.5ft, and he quoted me 6200 for the base plow plus all the extra's but said the 29 was a little too much plow for my truck
    So first question is do these prices seam competitive or should i be making a trip over the river to pick one up from an ny state dealer? ( this dealer is a 35min drive and i'm 15min from the boarder, so i'm gunna be looking at having parts and what not shipped to me anyway)
    Second question, since i'm hoping to have enough free cash over the summer next lawn season to be upgrading trucks, and i don't really want to have to fork out another 7g's for a new plow again next fall, will my 1500 manage to push a 29 series with poly skin or is this guy rite?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You can run a 8 foot 29 series on that truck. I would add a set of timbrens, crank the t bars a little and carry 500lbs of ballast, but if your going to be upgrading trucks it would be the wise move.

Welcome to plowsite:waving:

3. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

the snoway you get weather it be the 26 or 29 series you will be happy about it....

looks like your spending some payup

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Thanks for your interest in our products. You will find fabulous online support for our products here on PS.

We appreciate your business. :waving:

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I bought a Mega V last week for $5800 in a box or $6200 installed, so I think you can do a little better on price.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What's the exchange rate right now JD?

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Our $ is around $.092 now, it has been fluctuating alot lately. You can call Doug Jane at Hitch City Mississauga and tell him Dave Snyder, gave you his name. if you want to check pricing out in Ontario. 905 625 4664.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not that differant then, sure not worth the time/gas. I wondered;)

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We'd all buy from you if you were closer Basher.:drinkup:

10. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

well JD thanks for the info on ur dealer, i'm in shock... he was almost $2000 cheaper than the stony creek dealer and your guy was going to install it for that price as well. hopefully everyone payes me from lawn cutting this month and i can grab one the end of this month. I really appreciate the help and info everyone!

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm glad to hear that.:drinkup:

12. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

WOOOO HOLD ON.... You bought a new v blade for $5800? The only way i can see it being that high is if it is stainless... Is it?

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:nod:

So Senor would that be $5336 american money?:D With Down Pressure

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, I think that's a fair deal.:D

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Very fair, won't get those prices after the pre-seasons are gone.:nono:

16. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

Ok didn't know the curency difference. Ive been to canada once in my whole life.

Sorry... not everyone knows the difference.

17. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

You guys are a little hard on that fisher dealer, what is the competition a little too much for some guys.

And btw Tom when the hell is the dealers going to know what the price of the mega blades, I been trying to trying a price from my cousin who is a Snoway dealer and they won't even give him a price yet due to they keep saying they want to see how many go out on order first so they can see what their price is. Thats not a good way to business in my mind, I mean what else are they hiding to the customer anyways.
    Around here money talks, I just am kinda upset because snow season is coming upon us and I would love nothing more to switch over to snoway from Fisher but I do not want to wait until the last minute and try to get the plow installed the day it snows around here.
    And one more thing did anyone get any vids of the mounting and dismounting of the new megablades yet, thats another thing people should be able to see since our area rep hasn't even returned any phonecalls to my dealer so we could even see the plow and the subframe for clearance and speed and what not.
    There is alot of talk yet no action around my area for this marketing of the new plows, that maybe why everyone has Fisher/Western or Boss. We live on the eastern side of Lake Ontario we get around 100-200 inches on average so thats alot of sales in my eyes, and yes Yellow is everywhere.
    Maybe Tom should hire me for the area representative here in northern NY, I will do the job Tom.

18. toby4492

Kramer,

I can not speak for NY state since I don't cover that area, but from what I know all retailers have pricing on the new MegaBlade lineup. I will be shooting more video of the plows this weekend and getting them posted here by early next week. Shoot me a PM with the retailers that you have contacted for price and availability and I will see what I can do for you.

As far as Norway is concerned, he appears to sell Fisher plows but for whatever reason feels the need to troll other manufacturers forums to spread his wealth of knowledge :rolleyes: or just to try and aggrevate members here on site.:angry:

IMO eventually he will figure out how things work here or the mods just may show him the way out. :nod:

19. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Tom I just don't understand why our area rep will not come up here to watertown ny?? the amount of snow we get around here is immense sometimes and everyone and thier brother has a plow. People around here want to see that megaV bad and they say if not soon they will by a fisher extreme V. I already told my cousin I don't buy anything with out seeing it first and he says he don't blame me but his rep will not even return his phonecalls let alone bring that truck up here for his customers to see. Our local fisher dealer already hit 2 guys up with some awesome deals, and 1 went with it due to not really knowing what the mv was like, so he traded his 8' ss tripedge for a fisher v. Maybe you can get ahold of corporate for us and put a fire under this guys a** so snoway can take over the area. I was serious about that job real serious. PM or email me if there is an opening for this area. I will sell more snoways around here than fisher/western combined. I could start out with 10-15 plows for the F450's.
    We just neede to see thse in action Can you tell me how fast they are compared to the fisher extreme V?

20. toby4492

Check your PM's Kramer