1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So it begins

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 1bohica, Dec 21, 2010.

1. 1bohica

1bohica Junior Member
    from MA

5 maybe 6 lousy inches, up at 4:00AM, start route, 3 houses in NO POWER ANGLE (MM1), over to local "if it snows, we're open shop." There from 4:15AM to 7:26AM. Solenoids work, getting power, no movement, fluid full, all stupid stuff ruled out, Pulled coil, OK, Pulled poppet valve, OK, pulled S3 pack, OK, Pulled cross over valve, OK. If it was an old Meyers, I would say it had fluid lock. Leave plow here, go home we have to wait until Fisher trouble line opens (9:00AM).
    Borrow a truck get 95% done, drive by my house, plow drops, seems like no power (MM2). Waiting for owner to come pick it up, he has to bring floor jack, because there's no travel chain on it, and my truck is at his house, tick,tick, tick.
    It is now 1:25PM and haven't heard back on my plow.
    And all this on top of new brake lines $400 (Chrysler dq'd them 1 company that makes them....no choice kelsey-hayes fittings, aren't I lucky) left front outer axle (complete), hub & bearing, told need brakes & rotors, now need inner axle (no 4wd this AM, only left that was 'questionable'). On top of all that had a 4wd pod put in last year, person who did it put it in wrong, shifter fork broken, he used an aluminum one not a steel one, atleast I had an extra, If this is the way this season is going to go, I don't know about next year, been doing this stuff since 1968

2. Sp3cialized

Sp3cialized Member
    from CT

Wow.. and I thought I have bad luck when things start going wrong..

I can't hold a candle. HONESTLY.
  3. 1bohica

1bohica Junior Member
    from MA

Well, after the first trip to shop (2;10pm) and hearing the worse thing you can hear from a repair shop..."We're still working on it". This since 9:00 (supposedly)Why tyou say: Shop time to troubleshot for 6 hours, OMFG.,
    After standing there the first time for 45 minutes after the Bigga Man "I'll go check on it" dissappears, he comes back with..."Well I don't know, my only Inspector is doing an ICC truck inspection, can leave vehicle for another 25-30 minutes" (don't forget he disappeared for that long and as I peaked around corner NO ONE WAS NEAR PLOW!!!!!).
    I think it's all set to go. But not sure...we don't have a truck to hook up to it to test it....Duh exactly opposite of what they told me at 7:26 AM.
    I'll be back, have to meet someone.
    Get back at 3:45PM what's story.
    "Makes sound like Tim the toolman Taylor????????"
    "Well drive in we'll hook it up." It worked.
    "What was wrong with it??"
    "Same sound", replies
    "Don't know we shoveled all the parts into it Fisher told us could be the problem"
    "HMMMMMM, that makes a lot of since since they checked out 90% of the parts in it this morning, and if they fixed it, what happens in the future if one comes in to be fixed with the same poroblem???"
    So, heres' the shinning cloud...
    What for it....
    As I gird must self for the $64K question.....swallowing deep, cheeks clenched (yes, those ones) getting ready to wipe the lipstick off the back of my neck.
    "How much???"
    Well, I'll have to go check with Bigga Man"
    Oh, no this is going to be bad.
    "You're all set we sorry for the inconvience"
    Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus!!!
  4. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

So you didnt pay anything???????
  5. 1bohica

1bohica Junior Member
    from MA

paid nothing for the plow to be 'fixed', but to this day no one knows what was broken or how they 'fixed' it. Everything they did, they did that morning.
    Sitting back waiting for tonight's mess to arrive. Some are talking 20"+ in my neck o' the woods
  6. glennemay

glennemay Member

Just curious, Where in MA is the local "If it snows we're open" I have asked several of my local dealers and nothing.

7. 1bohica

1bohica Junior Member
    from MA

Toll Road Equipment, Rte. 18, East Bridgewater, MA5 08-378-3831