1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So I was uninstalling my plow.....

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by StormRanger, Jan 20, 2010.

1. StormRanger

StormRanger Member
    from NorEast

2006 Chevy.
    Boss V

I was taking the wiring harness off, got to the headlight part, and unhooked the plugs coming from the harness, then reconnected the existing ones to each other.

One side had I think, one red, going to the stock turn/parking light harness, I cut it off, figured it was just a tap in.
    Other side had I think a yellow and purple wire coming from the plow harness, looked like it was just tapped into the turn/parking light harness on the truck.....I cut that too.

Everything works good, except my pass side headlight (lowbeam) isnt working.

Did I do something wrong? Miss something?

(yes, I changed the bulb)

2. Medicjdl

Medicjdl Member
    from 02893

A wire is grounding out some place. You should have just unplugged the wires. Also your headlights have adapters on them as well. Your going to have to remove them too. Take your lights out and start over. On the headlights should be a blue adapter looking thing in line. Remove that. GOOD LUCK !!

3. StormRanger

StormRanger Member
    from NorEast

but the wires I cut were part of the plow wiring harness

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure either of the two terminals isn't backed out of the connector housing on the non functioning low beam from working with the wiring. Easy enough to check it and you can also test the pins for proper power and ground while you're in the again.