1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So i was plowing the other night....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by shott8283, Dec 17, 2009.

1. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

and my mind runs off in about 1000 different directions (when i should be concentrating on pushing snow and $ lol)

i was thinking.. i wish there was a transmission/truck option you could get from the factory that had either push button D and R positions for the transmission.

OR

possibly two gas pedals. split by the brake pedal (much like a standard transmission) where the right pedal would be gas/forward and the left pedal would gas/reverse and have the transmission almost like a regular/hydrostatic transmission cross breed.

i know it sounds lazy or lame. but after how many driveways and parking lots.. i get tired of having to keep shifting into D and R .. i cant imagine what you guys do with 5 speeds lol

especially since i run a mounted joystick and not a hand held.

im surprised there isnt an aftermarket option for a more automated, plower user friendly method of shifting.

even a push button option with a small control pad, that would mount to the joystick box and/or the hand held controller.

i know the market would be small and the $ return wouldnt he extremely high but its something i would be seriously interested in

anything that would make it more comfortable and help me plow for longer hours.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Used a standard for many years with a Fisher hydro plow,very good setup.One for on the gas one on the brake makes it easy for long plowing events.

3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I know when I graduated high school I went to work for a company in the summer and drove straight truck, and one of the freightliner trucks had an automatic manuel transmision, which was like you described, a push button for D,N,R, then 1,2,3, they do have them.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Someone on here talked about making a push button setup like that....A company does make an aftermarket kit that does that. It has a little panel with P-R-N-D-1-2-3 ect. buttons on it, not sure exactly who makes it though, its been awhile.

5. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

6. BTB

BTB Junior Member

7. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

lol. figures.. i come up with an idea that has already been thought it

well .. there goes my first million :mad:

lol

thanks guys

8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Just keep thinking......I wonder what the guy was doing when he came up with the "off road commode"

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I put a new shifter in a Dodge truck ,buddy and I are trying something out to help with shifting for plowing.

2009-Dodge-Grand-Caravan-Minivan-Van-CV-Cargo-Van-Interior-Front-Seats-2.png.jpg

10. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

maybe one of them hurst floor mounted shifters. locked out so it'll ratched from r-d, with the controller mounted on it?