1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So I wanted to start plowing!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Robble, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Robble

Robble Junior Member
    from 60559

Hey all, I found this site very helpful in my first year plowing!

So I read the newbie thread, got hired as a plow guy for a property management business using their truck! I am pretty excited!
    However, I am having some problems figuring out the best and most efficient way to plow! I findmy self cleaning up much more than I would like! How do you (the pros) size up a new job? Lets say a medium sized business lot sometime with parked cars here and there. Any tips?

2. Mike W

Mike W Junior Member

Best advice I can give, is take your time. Speed will come with experience. It's amazing the little things you can pick up on looking thru threads on here also.... Good luck and enjoy!

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Don't hit the cars....lol
    You may have to make another trip for clean-ups
    Push the snow as far back as you can so you have room for more snow later in the season
    Keep reading the site for more hints and tips

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go to Youtube and type in snowplowing. There are a bunch of videos you can watch.

5. Robble

Robble Junior Member
    from 60559

thanks for the advice. I feel the more I am out there the more comfortable I get and accurate.
    Thanks

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

with time and practice youll learn what works best for your app

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Reading about plowing is ALOT different then plowing real snow
    Experience is the key word
    go slow and learn as you go

8. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Do you get paid by the hour? Who cares how long it takes if youre getting paid by the hour :D