1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So I ordered the 30" on 2-9-11...So far

Discussion in 'THE SNOWPLOW Snow Pushers / Shovel Discussion' started by Dr Who, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Like the title says, I ordered the 30" on 2/9/11
    50 something with shipping.

today its 2/11/11 and it was on my porch!
    Was not expecting it till sometime next week. Dang FAST shipping!

opened it up, I am impressed with the quality of the shovel, its looks to be heavy duty, it has some weight to it, I like that!

Easy as falling off a log to put together, only thing I see that could be improved is the instructions say not to over tighten the bolts, be nice to have a torq spect not that its necessary.

Well, I may not get to use it till next Dec as our season is almost over, maybe one more snow between now and mid march, then its time to cut the grass...

But so far, I am impressed with the shovel, can not wait to use it..

Still think its high for a snow shovel, but I have not used it yet..

To be Continued (as soon as it snows)

2. mow4cash

mow4cash Member

Got to use my 24inch. Scrapes great,well built, and pushes well. It does not scoop good but kinda knew that before I bought it. Overall nice shovel but for the cost I probably wont by another one unless the one I have now breaks. If it could scoop and push well then it would be golden. This shovel has its place but its not my go to when the white stuff gets deep.

3. mow4cash

mow4cash Member

update on the shovel. love this thing. quality is the best i have seen in a shovel. its great around garage doors. i use it on side walks when it's a few inches. im glad to see they have a scoop model out and hope it is the same quality.

4. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

A 30" shovel isn't made made for scooping. That's a heavy pile of snow to scoop and throw. You can, but you just have to bend down and then lift. The shovel works great on hard pack snow, when you turn it over and use it upside down.