1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So i just dropped my 1st cliant

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by njsnowremoval, Feb 5, 2011.

1. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

I mean this in the literal sense. she was the first cliant i ever had inn snow removal and the first i ever dropped. I think i posted a thred on lawn site on opinons of dropping this cliant so ill recap here. shes elderly at 83. SHe hs a regular but rather narrow driveway 2 pathways, a sidewalk and a deck she had me do. i could only do about 1/4 with a snowblower as her car (wich she hasnt moved in over a year) blocks doing the lower part of the drive with a snowblower. it takes me more than double the time to do her property wich she use to pay very well for but revently has been lowballing what i normally charge her. i let it Go (being a boy scout and feeling bad for the elderly) but i drw the line when she start to complain that the paver driveway that her grandson laid thats so uneven i have broken 2 shovels just trying to get clean doesnt get cleaned enough and when she tells me ice on her stairs is my fault when its really her gutters dripping. SO i called today and told her i could do her property no longer. she said she figured i was going to say that and went on a rant of how our generation is lazy and so on ad so forth. I have never dropped/lost a cliant before. Never had anyone tell me my work was not 100%. AnywaySoory for the long post but i wanted opinions on if you guys would have dropped her being the details above. Thanks for any opinions. :salute:
  2. snowplowchick

snowplowchick Senior Member

I remember reading your post on her awhile back.

Sounds like you took even more abuse from her before you said forget it.

Just because she is old, it doesn't mean she has an excuse to be rude and disrespectful.
  3. Honest Mike

Honest Mike Member

I always say the respect is worth more to me than the money. With that said, I agree with you 100%. Let her go try to find someone else to do it better.
  4. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

thanks guys,
    i did take more abuse u figured id wait oout unntill the end of the year but enough is enough and i agree about the respect wich she had non of.
  5. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

I agree that some customers just need to be fired! It's always the cheapest people who negotiate the lowest rate possible that are the first to call an hour after the snow has stopped falling asking where you are. I've gotten to the point where I tell them that if they want to be the first one plowed out after a storm then I'll double the price I'm charging. Otherwise you can wait until the time frame specified in your contract.

Is there a website where you can post about customers who don't pay or are just a general PITA to work for? A database of deadbeat or just plain bad customers would be a great tool for those in the service industry...
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

just move on and file it as a lesson learned