1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So I get this bid packet in the mail today

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Nov 27, 2015.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

They are still looking for bids for this place. Most guys with enough equipment to do this are booked.

church.jpg

2. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Are they just shopping for prices?

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Isn't citytoe working up that way still?

4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Whattaya mean "enough equipment"?

There are a few guys here who can do that in under 2 hours with a wideout and a shotgun shovel monkey. Only wannabes can't do it like them.

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

lol, that would be a 5k per push.

6. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

lol thats what I was thinking. I too am still getting calls for decent size lots, suprising how many every year wait till first good snow to TRY to find a contractor

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

So what's your bid?? Or did it end up in the fire pit?

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Kinda funny, giving it a quick once over on my phone, I was guesstimating a couple hours for plowing.

10. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Some of my best jobs have been the ones where they wait till last moment.Sometimes they mention that I'm the only one to bother to call back.Had one I priced really high,had that one for 10 years.payup

11. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

What happened the national did not work out. Could not find anybody to agree to there terms. I find it hard to believe a facility this size is not prepared.

12. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

I figured a ford with a boss vplow would be sufficient for Grandview...

13. grandview

It was 25k last year,buddy had it for 2 wks,The church manager kept getting in fights with him before it even snowed last yr. He had a loader sitting there for the job.

14. 1olddogtwo

Doesn't look that big, maybe 2in wide, 3in in length, maybe I need a bigger phone.

15. 1olddogtwo

What about SPLandescaping, thought he was the big guy in town

16. RandallJ

RandallJ Member

being a guy from the southwest, I have never been exposed to "snow removal" costs... Gotta hand it to you guys, the risk of capital is far greater than I had imagined.. I was always curious when I went by some big lots with 4 or 5 big cats with those monster snow pushers..

17. grandview

[​IMG]

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

What ever happened to that guy?

19. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Being a church this explains why there not prepared. Good luck with the unreasonable snow wizard manager. How many guys that own loaders have one just sitting around that are not dedicated by now.

Maybe somebody that missed a lot of bids if there lucky. Furthermore if the guy that had it last year never got started and the manager cracked him same is going to happen with the next.

20. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Just the Mobilization on them 5 cats and pushers to your job is very expensive.