1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So I get a bill today from my plow dealer.....

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JeffNY, Mar 4, 2008.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

$805.59.

I almost shat myself. I had my plow in there for one day for a little warranty repair, $52.00 for the part, and $700 for labor.
    So I call, and ask if they had a glitch in the billing system. Sure enough, it was meant to go to Boss.
    This was just for one visit, ive had this plow there 6 er 7 times, I bet they cashed in NICE off working on my plow. I told him just call me if they want it back again.

I was relieved it wasn't my bill.

2. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

Dang:eek: Was was wrong with it?

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

that could make you start to sweat.....:nod:.... hows boss making money if they have dealers raping them for repairs.... o well not my job to worry bout it....at least ur warranty covered it...

4. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

said they just 'flushed the system' again. One blade was coming back when I dropped it, im just glad they finally figured out the problem. They kept finding metal particles in the fluid, and they think that was causing it, something might have been mis-machined a hundredth of an inch, and its where its supposed to be now, who knows.

5. WRIGHTTRAILERS

WRIGHTTRAILERS Member

Whether the dealers wanted to "rape boss for repairs" or not, we couldn't: BOSS has a set repair price for pretty much everything possible and that price is guaranteed to be less than what any dealer would otherwise charge. We are free to submit our bill to BOSS, but they won't pay off of it anyways. We had to replace a bad headlight on a plow sold by another dealer and were reimbursed ".1 hours x $50"=$6. And we had to ship the defective light back to BOSS to claim our $6.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We need to fill out very specific forms, use factory provided labor times, return the parts or hold the parts and provide pictures for approval before destroying the parts. We do not profit anything but customer goodwill for warranty work. It's a break even proposition at best. Believe me (and Wrighttrailers as well:waving:) no dealer is getting rich on warranty work.

7. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

sorry to hear that..... didnt realice.. thanks for the info

8. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

So you are only getting $6 an hour shop rate from Boss!!!? That sucks! Are all companys that cheap? I would switch and carry something else.

9. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

I believe it is .1 hour = $6.00.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No; $60 dollars an hour, but they only pay .1 hours, that's 6 minutes.

11. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Oops!:dizzy: I missed the .:blush2:That's still makes it tough to make payup