1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So I drove around and handed bids out yesterday

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by JeffNY, Oct 7, 2008.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

You ever get worried, like, what if you get NONE of them? I bid on 25 properties, a few of them that I really wanted that were close to headquarters I bid lower than usual.
    But with the people out there today, who knows whats "low" anymore.
    Does anyone have a backup plan for not getting bids? I'd hate to advertise in the local papers with the other 15 plow contractors.

Probably too late for fliers once I get them designed/printed.

I have around 8 that I still have from last year, that was ok for the 1st year, but I want more this year. I have someone else ready to go with a plow, and if we get enough, we'll pick up another truck. I'd love to have 25 this year. 35 next year.....

Another thing, do you follow up with a bid? How long after?

Thanks for the help.
    Think snow, it was 34deg this morning when I left for work.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

After plowing for 20 plus years I have built up a great customer base. I lose a couple each year but get a few more new ones. With time and good work you will develop a good base too. I would follow up with a phone call in a week. JMO

3. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Yeah I am in the same position as you, I am planning on following up two weeks after I submitted the proposals. Some of them had to be faxed or mailed to their corporate office so I know I will have to wait for those. When I start to hear answers back I will see how things are, if I dont get any then I will be handing out more door hangers than I plan for residentials. I ordered 5,000 door hangers full color front and back for $370 including shipping and that was this morning and they said I should receive them within 7-10 days.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Take the ads out you'd be surprised how many people haven't thought of plowing. Even around here guys are just starting to put fliers out.