1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

so how much are you all raiseing prices ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nekos, Aug 11, 2006.

1. nekos

nekos Senior Member

with gas prices already $1 higher in my area then they were last year and expected to raise well over $4 a gallon for the national average ... how much are you all planing on raising prices ?

im almost at a loss on what to charge this coming up winter.
    we had a terrible winter last year and i don't see myself adding or even keeping to many customer's if i raise my prices . :(

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Im thinking about raising my residentials about $50 for a seasonal contract. It may be more though.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I might bump up my commercials 5-10%

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we'll stay the same, unless salt is a lot higher

5. Balderson

Balderson Junior Member

I'm gearing up to run alcohol if it goes to 4 bucks...get outta town.

6. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

I have been plowing for over 20 years and i can price accordingly.But with fuel is so high and going up i am not so sure . I thinking about raising my places about 10 %. If my customers give me any crap i will tell them to do it themselves.

7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i might be wrong but the truck i plow with only burns about 1.5-2 gal of fuel per hour??? that should make fuel cost about $1.5-$2 higher per hour than last year????? doesn't seem to be an issue to me considering our gl insurance is over $10k this season (with out snow removal) and last season it was $1800(with snow removal coverage). if i charge more it will be because of a gerneral increase of doing business overall.

8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'm not raising my prices any. I am just going to do a better job at estimating!:rolleyes: Seriously, a couple bucks here and there really is nothing especially when you consider you might lose a customer over it.

9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe 5% but I will wait and see what prices are compared to last year when it gets closer to plow season.....say October and November

10. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

Im going to wait it out for a few more weeks than bid. I went to 60 hour last year from 50. In my area 50 is the going rate. It is hard to keep on raising there is always some one out there to under cut you. Also i am a landscaper and doing nothing else in winter for income, so im not going to be greedy. After all we do make good mony at it.
    Mke