1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So how many of you driveway plowers are going to......

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Mar 16, 2012.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

be giving refunds due to no snow this year?:D
  2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Did they pay you extra last year, our average is 100 inches, last year we had 130 inches, I didn't get a single extra payment check from a seasonal priced contract, residential or commercial.
  3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

X2 add text to make min number
  4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't need to, we charge per storm
  5. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

I followed your lead and pushed seasonals this year without anybody interested. I bet next year they"ll be asking. I'm not sayin a word next season since we are due for a beating, we can't have 2 winters like this. PER VISIT and the gods owe me a whole lot of visits

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

I wont have to, we just showed up when it was white and took care of it. So they at least feel like they got their moneys worth.
  7. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

I'm perstorm and yes the snow gods need to come back from vacation and let us have it. :)

I love my Z
  8. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

No need to give refunds this year, the seasonal will get their refunds next year when they demand a 33% price reduction!
  9. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

No refunds here, All sale's are FINAL.

I didn't experience a bad season like the rest of you. Are winter here started slow but ended strong for the second half. So I know I won't have many issue's pushing seasonal's on new clients next season.
  10. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I wont be giving anything back because I'm all per push, & its snowing here right now. about 1.5" so far this morning.It's been a good march, time to go out. I'll post pics in "it's snowing in the east kootenay's"
  11. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

NO! Well let me think about it for a second. Yup still answer is still NO! :laughing: It’s funny how some my customers and people that I talk to tell me I made a killing this year with having seasonal contracts and no snow. Seems they forgot last year already.
  12. AugustArborists

AugustArborists Member
    from Wyoming

I was out more than 20 times this season, but then again, I charge per push, no seasonals.
  13. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I sent them all back 75%. :laughing:
  14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hopefully all seasonal contracts were in the second of their three year run and you get a good winter next year to boost renewals.Thumbs Up
  15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Wonder how much Basher will be giving back from this past season on snowplowing parts?
  16. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

No snow = no money for me. But it's part if the bis I live in northeast part of Indiana. Let's just hope that this spring and summer are good this year. So we can get new or new to me equipment.

I love my Z
  17. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Better question would be, is anyone getting paid from the big box retailers? I have yet to get a check for this winter!?!?!?
  18. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I only have a few seasonals but they know that if it snow 1 time or 50 i will be there. I dont ask for more on hard winters so they dont ask for money back on easy one. All but 1 of my customers are great to deal with. Thumbs Up