1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So do you want fries with that salt?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by grandview, Mar 5, 2012.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

School parking lot got a little extra this morning.

salt in parking lot.jpg

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Another quality job by Grandview!!!Thumbs Up

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Most parking lots look like that around here after a storm, including mine. Maybe it's worse then I'm seeing in the pics.

4. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Schools around here have been salted Sunday as well....:laughing: :alien:
    Bone dry and nothing in the forecast either ....ready for Monday morning.

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Residue always looks bad when it's really cold too..... salt granuals don't photograph well IMO I tried to photograph one that I lost this season just plastered with salt by the new guy and the picturedidn't make it look 1/2 as bad as itwas.

6. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I can't say much...I have a lot that seeps ground water out making a big ice problem, I dropped alot there last night. I'd rather defend oversalting than undersalting.

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Few storms ago i was tired and forgot i had my spreader wide open and salted a smaller lot and ended up dumping like 3/4 yard of salt before i really noticed what happened. There was so much salt i literally plowed it all up into piles and shoveled it back into the spreader. I felt like a total noob.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

fixed it.:D:D

9. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

You mean that's not a gravel lot?

10. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

:laughing::laughing: The whole time hoping nobody was watching you do it:p

11. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

lol It was funny actually, This lot was literally right next to the salt yard i got the salt from no more then 10 minutes earlier, All the other plowers were staring at me like i was ******** while they were waiting to have their trucks loaded. My brother was in the red dodge helping to plow it into piles and couldn't even look out his window he was so embarrassed. lol