1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

So dissapointed with Fisher!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jmitch2604, Dec 29, 2012.

1. jmitch2604

jmitch2604 Junior Member
    from nope

Bought a brand new Silverado 2500 with a Fisher plow about two weeks ago. After installation I picked up the truck and the plow didn't work. I unplugged the connector and plugged it back in and the plow worked fine. I took the plow home put it away, and now today when the storm comes ( I'm in MA ) the plow again doesn't work. I unplugged it and plugged it back in assuming that would be the fix but that didn't happen.

It became clear the connector is way too big ( the connector for the controls. ) After hours of messing around with it, getting it to work for a little while then loosing power I had to give up and call it a day. I lost a ton of money. I have already contacted Fisher plow I'm sure they will not do anything or admit their mistake.

I now have to wait till tomorrow to contact the installation dealership to get new connectors. I'm so bummed out right now watching snow drop and loosing money!

Just curious if anyone else has had this issue?

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It is anything but clear to me when you say the connector is too big...... Pics?

3. jmitch2604

jmitch2604 Junior Member
    from nope

When you plug the connector from the plow to the connector to the truck the actual pins, there is too much space between the two. They are not going in snug, the littlest amount of pressure and they come apart. I put a small piece of wire in the slots so they would fit in snugger and this worked for a little while and I zip tied the connectors as tight as possible but eventually it would loose power! Hope this was a little more clear. Thanks for responding.

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds to me like they put the wrong connectors on if you are ziptieing them to keep them together.Which dealer put the plow on?

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to the fabulous world of Douglas Dynamics lousy Quality Control. I'll be surprised if this is your only problem.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

More concerned now with your lost cash. If you didn't show up who plowed for you or are you a sub?

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

im thinking warrenty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hello they just installed it and it didnt work?? somethings up?

8. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like the dealer goofed on the wiring to me.

9. jmitch2604

jmitch2604 Junior Member
    from nope

I wasn't so clear, I had to zip tie them when I put a small piece of wire in the slost where the connector goes in to make them fit snug.

Oh please don't say that, I hope not.

I have a city contract, at least it wasn't a huge storm.

It will be covered under warranty I'm not paying for a damn thing!

I will update when they fixed it, I'm dropping the truck off tonight.

10. hwilson

hwilson Junior Member

Re: Disappointed with Fisher

Good afternoon,

I just ran across your post regarding your controller becoming unplugged. My name is Hugh Wilson and I am the National Service Manager for Douglas Dynamics (Fisher). Can you send me your contact information so I can help you get this resolved.

Thank you,
    Hugh

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How's that for service.

12. harley05

harley05 Junior Member
    from CT

Gets in line and raises my hand...

13. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

9 yrs with mine and changed the breather and changed fluid 5 times.Thats it. it's got to be the dealer and not the product ,i would hope so anyway.

14. jmitch2604

jmitch2604 Junior Member
    from nope

Hi Hugh, thank you for checking this thread, I've already dropped it off at the dealership so it's in the process of being fixed, thank you.

I hope this is the first and last issue I will have for a long time. My farther bought a brand new fisher last year and it died on him during the first storm. There was a small piece of metal inside the motor that clogged the piston.

15. hwilson

hwilson Junior Member

Re: So disappointed with Fisher

Good Morning,

Which dealer did you drop your plow/truck off with? I would like to contact them today to discuss your issue.

Thank you,
    Hugh
    :mechanic:

16. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

There was recently a QC manager position opening at Fisher. Coincidence?

17. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Never owned a Fisher before, but I gotta tell ya, service like this can sway a guy! Well done Hugh! Thumbs Up

18. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

Go back and Troll the Boss Plow section...............Nothing to see here.......Once again Fisher Has steped up......:laughing::laughing:

Nice job Hugh............:drinkup:

19. bb45

bb45 Member
    from waverly

Hi Hugh nice work just added you to friends we have 10 boss 9.2 boss v's just purchased a 9 foot fisher v for the bosses new truck. Made it thru the first real storm with no problems boss not impressed with the controler "too many buttons" but he likes the plow happy new year BB

20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You obviously have too much yellow running through your veins