1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowWolf Pictures

Discussion in 'SnowWolf Plows' started by WIPensFan, Jan 19, 2014.

1. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

A few new pictures:

34DSC00547.jpg

34DSC00544.jpg

34DSC00540.jpg

34DSC00537.jpg

34DSC00543.jpg

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

How are those snow tires verse regular skid steer tires or even skid steer tires with chains

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Great picsThumbs Up

night & day difference

4. WIPensFan

Tires are great. Way better than regular skid tires, forget about chains, these work.

Thanks Mike.

5. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Wish I could find a set of your tires near me! Stupid $1200 shipping prices from your dealers!

6. WIPensFan

I found a dealer on SnowWolf's website 270 miles from you in IA. Can't be that much to ship to you. Heck go for a day trip and get them.

7. maelawncare

That's the first one that quoted me $1200 to ship them. Couldnt take a day off of to drive. Had to buy normal tires because of it.

8. WIPensFan

Wow, that's a lot of money for shipping!

9. maelawncare

Yes it is. I have shipped much heavier stuff for less. Sad to me as I really wanted these tires. :realmad:

10. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

I just purchased a set from Chicago Tire $950.00 for a set of 4. Free delivery anywhere in the continental US. Phone number is 708-331-8980. They are called Traker Plus M+S

11. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Nice pics Where is the kage or do you have that part
    Plowing snow in a skid makes plowing snow fun again I found out

I found flipping my Skid tires around the skid goes a lot better in snow
    I bought set of chains since are first storm was Ice with 6'' of snow on top But I haven't used them Its been normal snow falls since the first one

12. WIPensFan

I have that part, it's called the FastTach on the SnowWolf. Not a "Kage", and never say that again on this thread!:angry::jester:

13. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Sorry I looking for it in the photos sitting somewhere did see it reason I ask

14. WIPensFan

I put pictures of it in the storm pictures threads under 20" storm in Madison, WI. Look towards the last few pages.

15. maelawncare

wish i would of known this last month!

16. broke down

broke down Junior Member
    from se wi

WI pens, do you find you use the fast tach much? I currently run 2 snow wolf plows and been debating on adding the fast tach to one of them, just can't make up my mind. Are those the Boss brand curb guards your running? The snow wolf is the best plow for a skid don't you agree?

17. WIPensFan

I don't use it much, but it's nice to have when I do want it. Plus I think it makes the plow more valuable on resale. The curb guards I run are from SnowWolf and are very beefy. They are a must have IMO and also fit inside the FastTach. As far as the best plow for a skid...I've only run Snow Wolf. I do think it's well built and simple. If I had more skids they would all have them on, so I guess that says a lot about how I feel. Kage has done a better job marketing their products so they seem to be better known, I don't think they are any better though.

18. SnowWolf

SnowWolf Sponsor

WIPensFan,

Thanks for the photos and your support of SnowWolf. You're going to laugh at this, but we have told many a customer that curb guards would not fit with a FastTach! So we learned something new about our own products today :D! Did your FastTach have the polymer "snow catch" edges at the bottom of the steel snow catch? Did you have to modify the steel snow catch so that the curb guards would fit? Post a picture of your plow with the FastTach on it if you get a chance.

Thank you very much!

19. WIPensFan

My FastTach has the yellow poly edges bolted to the steel sides. No, I did not modify anything except cutting the snow foil to work with the FastTach. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

20. WIPensFan

Snow Wolf, here are the pictures I took with the FastTach on the plow, and showing the curb guards I have on. I took a lot...:D

FT 10.jpg

FT 15.jpg

FT 6.jpg

FT 13.jpg

FT 11.jpg