1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowway spreaders are the good

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by thundercat99, Feb 2, 2004.

1. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

im looking at picking up a snow way optiflow its a 1000 pound hitch mount are they any good or should i stay away from it
    its a 2000 model
  2. handenterprises

handenterprises Junior Member

i have a sno way hitch spreader 6 cubic ft spreader that i just bought new and have taken it back to the dealer twice. it will only spread about 8 ft wide. i have tried different brands and sizes of salt and changing the flow control still 8 ft is the best it will do. they say it is running at the right speed. i will not buy another one. buy the way my sno way plow sucks too. it has the (NEW) wireless remote. i took it back and they added a wire to the antenna on the plow and ran it up one of the markers. i still have to hold the remote up in the window and point it backwards to get it to work. other than that i like the plow,clear mold board and down preasure. as soon as it warms i am going to take there label off and put my logo and info on the back side of the mold board so it shows thru and won't get scraped off. advertise advertise advertise!!!!!
  3. computerguy

computerguy Member

Wireless Sno Way

I have a Sno Way MT 7.5 with downpressure and wireless. The day I had mine installed they had a ton of problems with the wireless. They replaced the unit and it now works like a charm.
    Wireless works great and the downpressure is awesome.
  4. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

We have several of the Optiflow spreaders and like them. They have been trouble free and spread well. We use Magic Salt, Halite, and Jiffy Melt, all throw well. The hitch mount is very easy to live with.

We are also very happy with our various SnoWay Plows, especially the 32 which we alpha tested for them last year. We are well into the second season with it and have had no problems whatsoever.

But this is like any other tool you buy, you have to take care of it and use it correctly.
  5. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I have a sno-way plow and sno-way optiflow spreader. I love both of them. My only complaint with the spreader is it has to be a dry clean product going in. It throws salt down great. I tried using a mix of sand and salt but the sand didn't spread well and it clog up the next day from getting wet.