1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowway plow wont move just clicking

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tj11969, Mar 23, 2013.

1. tj11969

tj11969 Junior Member
    from pa

have snowway plow replaced motor and silnoid all its doing is clicking when u presss the button to move side to side not sure what else could be wrong can anyone help

2. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Will it lift up and go down?

wireless or wired controller?

3. tj11969

tj11969 Junior Member
    from pa

No wont do anything but just click and its not a wireless remote im stumped i dont no it a valve is stuck or what

4. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

i own a sno way and mine did this to me in the beginning of the season, it ended up being a bad ground contact, i fixed the main ground comingto the plow from the truck and has worked great since

5. tj11969

tj11969 Junior Member
    from pa

thanks ill give it a try when the weather breaks

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What model plow? The previous poster is correct, it does sound like a low current issue. First; Check and clean all your power and ground connections on the truck. If both the ground and power are not hooked to the battery change them. Don't forget the Hi-amp circuit breaker (or fuse depending on the model)

7. tj11969

tj11969 Junior Member
    from pa

its a snowway 26 series as soon as all this snow melts ill get out there and try that i did check the inline fuse its ok

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Could also be a bad 12 volt motor solenoid.

9. tj11969

tj11969 Junior Member
    from pa

I did get a new one and replaced other one ill try cleaning connections and check wireing as soon as all snow melts
    Thanks for the info