1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowway or boss

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by dreaming, Sep 18, 2009.

1. dreaming

dreaming Junior Member
    from buffalo

hi im looking to buy a plow for my 06 ford ranger just wanted to know what would be a good choice.the snowway 22.or the boss sport duty.i'll just be plowing a few drives like 20 mabe. also which size the 6.8 or 7.6

2. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Welcome to PS! The SnoWay would probably be better for you as long as you go with the down pressure (absolutely priceless for backdragging with a light plow). They are both good units so do some local research to find out about dealer support (both parts and service wise), I would not buy the best plow in the world if there wasn't a competent dealer in the area. As for size of the blade, I would try to go with the bigger one. Talk to your local dealers, see if after they set you up with the truck-side, if you could "try on" both sizes and run them around the block to see what you and your truck are more comfortable with. Overall, your truck should handle the 7.5 SnoWay quite well though, I don't have any first hand experience with the Boss unit. Best of luck.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Piercelawns is the guy you want to talk to, He's been pushing a Snoway with a Ranger for years. He's very happy with it. Search the site under snoway and ranger, his posts will pop up then follow the link to his profile and shoot him an PM .

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Go with the Sno-Way.
    If I remember right you need 10 posts to PM someone??

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Can't go wrong in either case, both are good plows for your rig. Dealer support in this case should be the biggest part of your decision IMO. Welcome to PS :waving:

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Toby is exactly right.
    Dealer support and service is FAR more important then brand.
    Too bad all "newbies" don't recognize this........

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Agreed and it's not just "newbies":nono: many "experienced" people let their brand blinders limit their choices.

8. dreaming

dreaming Junior Member
    from buffalo

thanks just looked at a snowway 22 today the dealer was kind of a dick so i think ill find another dealer. im not new to plowing hydro im new to those brands all the other plows iv had have been westerns and on bigger trucks.just wanted to know if any one was runing rangers with these plows and if they liked the overall quility of them. any ways thanks for the info i think im going snowway

9. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

The Boss dealer I talked to when I was looking for a plow on my '94 S10 Blazer said that most of Boss's plows would be hell on the front end, they're just too heavy. Even their "lightweights".

I would go with the Sno-Way 22 in 7'6". That's what I'm looking at for my Blazer. You can get the Down Pressure (which is priceless, it is incredibly useful) and even a wireless controller for about an extra $100. I was quoted $4,800 after tax and all that to install a new 22 with DP and a wireless controller.