1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowway buying help

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by garleness, Oct 10, 2008.

1. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Im looking at buying a plow for my 2006 f250 superduty one dealer suggested the new contractor and another said 29 . done some minor research which is better or are they both equal. I dont know if the 29 was a 29T or not I will have to call on tuesday. Please help with selection. Good friend says I should buy Western but he may be stuck on his ways. I will be plowing country drive ways and some city drives.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

the 8 foot 29 is an excellent plow, i have lots of them running with many satisfied customers.

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Thanks for your interest in Sno-Way. All the plows that you mention would be great fits for your F250. The new Contractor series will allow for some options that are not available on the 29 or 29T series such as wing extensions or box ends. DP is standard on the Contractor model and is optional on the others you mention.

Have you lgone to your dealer and ooked at either the 29 or 29T series? The Contractor models will begin shipping to retailers next week so if your dealer has some on order you should be able to see one very soon.

4. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

No I havnt gone to the dealer yet going next week. I had a deal on a used artic plow $3000 3yrs old 8 ft poly have to let him know by next week. so i priced out new plows and I like the idea of the down pressure on the snow way im just confused on which one to buy and if i go sno way should i get the trip edge.any help would be geat. I have a bobcat 753 with a plow now just takes to long with the long drives i have in the country.

5. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I purchased a 29 last december, pictured above. Its an awesome rig.

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

7. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Thanks for the replies Guys , No one really said anything about the arctic plow ( And I dont mean bash) I also noticed there is no forum here. I guess that says something in itself. For this truck 8ft is the proper size i wont be driving over the snow or should i be going bigger.

8. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I've never read anything bad about an Arctic, but I've also never seen one around here. 3 grand seems high for a 3 year old straight blade though.

Like Tom said edge vs full trip is just personal preference, I've always used a full trip and have never had a problem.

9. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Ok think I have decided to go sno way now the question that im deciding is 8 ft 29 , 32 series or contractor , Any help would be nice even if its just between the 29 and the 32 i know the contractor is new. how are the lights on these blades also

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Regular cab long bed or crewcab shortbed you wouldn't be disappointed with a 8'6" 32 series straight blade. I pushed one last winter due to my own personal misfortune:jester: outlined elsewhere on the site.

It was a great choice for the truck (reg cab longbed 3/4 ton gasser) wide enough to clear the wheels. Didn't have to get the truck right up next to things when i was cleaning the edges.

If you are used to the instant reaction of a wired unit the wireless takes some getting use to. you have to change your point of action, there is a slight delay between command and response.

Get the EZ fit deflector, we did have a lot of snow last winter but what we got was sloppy nasty and my windshield never stayed so clean.

11. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

so is there a big diference between the 29 and the 32 . I have a superduty crewcab shortbox 6.0 di, sounds like the truck will take a 32 but do i need it or is it just that much better looks beefer in the flyer more ribs extra springs. I am just about to buy the truck off lease so I woulld like to make sure i put the proper plow on first. thanks for all the answers

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

For your truck, go with the 32 :nod: you won't regret it. the truck will handle it and it's going to make your life easier and the work go faster.

13. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Talked to the dealer and he gave two options 29 and 32 he said they were both trip edges. I have looked on line and dont see a 32 trip edge possible he made a mistake he said trip edge is the only way to go back to making decisions have to buy my truck out this week and plow is going on at the same time if 32 has no trip edge is 29t the way to go

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Only the 29T is a trip edge.

Why a trip edge?

15. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

thats what i can get a good deal on thats what im asking is it better or not or should i spent the extra on the 32 even with out the trip edge

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Wars are started on here about whether tripedge or full blade trip, but it's like boxers or briefs, personal preference.

Your truck is CRYING:nod: for a 8'6" blade. If you don't have a burning need for a trip edge go with the 32.

Wireless is nice, be aware there is a slight delay in re-action times compared to the wired.

Loved my EZ fit deflector

17. lawn king

I was torn between the 29 & 32 last year, i elected to go with the 8' 29 with WR & DP. There are times that i wish i had that 8.5' 32, however, my 08, 1 ton diesel with the 29 is unstoppable in any kind of storm!!

18. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

Ok I made my decision .. 32 poly and went with 9 ft every one said 8 was to short for the truck, oppted for the 8.6 but it was out of stock so 9 ft was the solution and he offered poly for the same price. hope this was the right decision , Im picking it up today so if there are any last comment please make them soon. Thanks for all the help

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Post Pics when you get it done.

20. lawn king

I have a 9' 25 series on my dumptruck, it moves a lot of snow fast !