1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by superbee, Apr 27, 2005.

1. superbee

superbee Junior Member

I have an opportunity to buy a used Spirit brand snowthrower with a 27 inch auger for $400.00. I have not seen it yet. The owner says it is about three years old and has about 20 hours on it. It has a 8 h.p, Briggs engine. I have not heard of this brand. Does anyone know anything about this snowthrower? Thanks.
  2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

never heard of the brand.
    All my throwers have always had Tecumseh engines, didn;t know Briggs made a snow engine.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

What is a SNOW engine?

I think i'm going to change the air in my tires to day...
    As I have winter air in them, and I need summer air in them now!!!! :jester:
    Last edited: May 17, 2005
  4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

:nono: Tsk tsk tsk, learn before you poke fun....
    Tecumseh makes winter service engines that are designed to be used in the cold wet environment which a snowblower operates- They call them Snow King models. http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...oductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=399&R=399
  5. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

My plow truck has a snow engine in it. I only crank it up when it's snowin.. Too dang expensive to use it for cruisin around.. 8mpg with full time 4wd..
  6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Yeah, I feel your pain but can do you one better: My father's K5 blazer was part time 4wd and only gets 8ish MPG in 2wd! With a 305 to boot! (I suppose 250K miles+ on an engine does tend to do that tho)
  7. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

----I never heard of that ONE?--but--Briggs Engines power at lot of small Garden & Snow equipment--here in the North-East--I*D look Up on the Internet & check out? WHO? makes that MAKE?--before I bought IT?--DONO?--Ole JIM--
  8. classicman

classicman Member

Get a two stroke

Toro 3650 or snow commander. been there. done that. no ramps no need to discuss further. Check this site.