1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowthrower on a Suburban

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cadman, Oct 12, 2004.

1. cadman

cadman Junior Member

Anyone have any ideas on mounting a PTO driven three point snowthrower on a 1993 GMC Suburban?
    The snow in Colorado gets too deep to plow with the Suburban, and I already have a 7' wide 3' tall two stage blower.

2. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Northern Tool used to sell a snow thrower which mounts just like your snow plow up front with a motor of it's own to power the unit.
  3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

it would be a major PITA to run a PTO shaft to a front mounted blower. you might have better luck running central huydraulics and running a blower that way. but, yes there is a but, a snowblower requires a lot of power to run, so your suburban might not be able to run it.
  4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Might want to wait for that Super Expensive pickup truck with snow blower to be listed on Ebay for the 3rd consecutive year.

Did someone ever buy that thing?

I think it was even from Colorado.
  5. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

I was just thinking the same thing, actually thought it was going to be yet another post about it...
  6. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member