1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowstorm in forecast for Ohio Valley next week?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by dr_destructo, Dec 30, 2008.

1. dr_destructo

dr_destructo Member
    from Indiana

Anybody ever read/rely on The Old Farmer's Almanac? Out of couriosity I bought a copy in October. It has been AMAZINGLY accurate. My grandparents used to swear by it when I was a kid. I just thought it was a bunch of garbage. It has been right in predicting the very cold weather we had earlier in the season as well as the warmup we are having now. Says January 5th-8th is snow storm.....we shall see!
  2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

What does it say for Indy the rest of the winter??
  3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

if the jet stream should pass through us first , we are looking at precip about that time also
  4. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

maybe a rain storm. ohio (not including the snowbelt) has gotten the short end of the stick so far. it's early though. remember the last number of years have been like this, we really don't start getting any good snow til into january (usually) sometimes late january. looking at all the weather around us and places that generally don't get much snow are getting hammered. i believe in time we'll get a good blast too!! later, pete