1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by skidmark845, Jul 20, 2013.

1. skidmark845

skidmark845 Member
    from ny

When plowing with the Snow sport how much snow does it leave on the driveway, 1/4,1/2 inch? Does it do a good job clearing the pavement?
  2. nickp

nickp Junior Member

The snow sport does not get down to the pavement. It will leave 1/4 to 1/2 depending on the snow and how flat your driveway is. I live in central MA, and the remaining snow usually melts the next sunny day after a snowfall. The advantage of the snow sport is low initial cost (craigslist) flexibility of vehicles (only need front hitch), no maintenance, little storage space required, easy on lawns. The downside is it's a homeowner’s plow. If you expect to do more than your driveway you will be disappointed, I used to do others driveways, I know. You can’t back drag. You have to plan where you dump the snow because once you make a snow bank, you ain't moving it with the Snow sport.

HDPLOW Junior Member

I just used my brand new snowsport hd plow in 20 inches of snow this past weekend, and it left a little snow on my driveway. Probably about an inch or so. Would the hold down strap help.
  4. perrysee

perrysee Senior Member

i owned a snowsport for about 4 years works great for residential ,but plan where you are putting snow piles becauce once they are frozen you won't move with out bending the blade, i added extra plates to mine to make stronger.otherwise no repairs and i bought the angle kit for mine

HDPLOW Junior Member

Thank you for the reply Perry. Do you have any pics of the extra plates you added to your plow or can you describe how and where you purchased them. Thank you.