1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowsport to the rescue

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by tjw in kans, Dec 9, 2005.

1. tjw in kans

tjw in kans Member
    from ne kans

we have a secondary parking lot at work for approx 20 cars, the company plow, a full sized Bronco with 1500# hydraulic plow couldnt make it up the 200 yard 30 degree incline to the flat parking lot. just for grins, i took my ranger 4x4 with rear posi, tires almost worn out with 40k, no added weight in the bed, MANUALY lowered the snowsport and went through the 12 inch snowfall and cleared the lot in less than 20 minutes. management was so impressed they gave me nothing. coming down the steep grade i had to rub the snowbank on the right side to keep from sliding into the main street. returned down to the lower parking lot and made 2 pushes while the Bronco made 1, then quit so i wont wear my stuff out. rubber scraper and side skids still look new, second use, but will probably only use it on several personal driveways. weight distribution on the Bronco with all the weight on the front with the plow would probably help with more weight to the rear and the addition of a posi in the rear diff. but what do i know?