1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowsport hd plow

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by dmiles, Jul 14, 2011.

1. dmiles

dmiles Junior Member

hi. i hope someone can help me out with my decision to buy the snowsport plow. my driveway is about 800 ft long with a gradual incline from the street to my house. i would be plowing with a 2004 chevy colorado. there are about 3 spots where i could push the snow off along the way. is this plow capable enough to handle the job? last year i used my skidsteer and it took around an hour each time (with just the bucket). i don't have the funds to get a plow for the skidsteer, so that's why i'm looking into the snowsport. thanks

2. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

IMHO
    Yes, I believe that the Snow Sport HD would work great for a homeowner only situation.
    If you are interested I have an HD for sale and it is in good shape.

C.

3. dmiles

dmiles Junior Member

my driveway is crushed gravel, would that be a problem?

4. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

The nice thing about a Snowsport is you can use it on gravel or even lawn before it is fully frozen.

Gravel is definitely not a problem.

5. dmiles

dmiles Junior Member

ok. thanks for your help. i'm definately leaning towards getting one now.

6. LEVE

LEVE Member

I push snow from the entrance to the driveway to the end of my property; that's a distance of about 500',. It's a space management thing. If I don't there's no where to put the snow on that section of the driveway.

You should have no problem.

7. dmiles

dmiles Junior Member

ok, thanks. would you recommend the tie down straps, or does it do alright without them. also, when you're transporting it, how fast can you drive on the highway? thanks again.

8. LEVE

LEVE Member

I have down straps on order... so I've never used them, nor needed them. When I took a lot of the ballast out of the back of my Ranger it plowed better.

Transporting? How fast can your rig go? I'm not a fan of transporting with the blade in transport position for long distances. I'd just as soon drop it if I'm traveling a long ways. Around town at 35mph, no problem, though I've had the Ranger up to 55mph with the plow on with no problems.

9. dmiles

dmiles Junior Member

sounds good. thanks for your help.