1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snows coming

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by easthavenplower, Jan 5, 2004.

1. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

next sunday into monday looks good here in ct for snow the eweather man said could get alot.

2. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

We hope anyway :D

3. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Could get 5-10 cm up here tonight and tomorrow. payup

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

It could miss us out to sea too, which tends to happen a lot when real cold air moves in .

5. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey man don't say dat, dem fighting words
    We all gotta make plenty of payup

6. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

BADRANMAN

OUR AMERICAN COUSINS DON'T KNOW ABOUT CM.'S
    Translated that's about 2-4 inches. Been up dated to 3-5 inches.

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I heard ct might get a good amount sun/mon i hope it buries us payup :bluebounc purplebou :redbounce

8. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

I'm ready!!!! I hope we get pounded with 2 ft. That would make my week.:D :D

9. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I also heard something about friday too. I sure hope we get something.

Do you guys realy want 2 ft though. I know I'd be happy with 13". That would give us 2 driveway pushes and the commercial prices all go up to the next bracket at 13". I'd say 13" is just right, 2' feet can be a real pain sometimes.

10. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

Yea but 2 ft is where there is money to be made for us because we have an excavating business and when the local plowers can't push the 2ft they call us to come in with our loaders and Mack 6 wheelers and do it. It is really the only time their is good money to be made with snow in my area when you are set up like my family is. It is hard to get work when we have all this expensive equipment and a guy that has 1 pick-up steals an account and only gets it because the owner looks at the price, not the quality. It is also fun to watch these lowballers get what they have coming to them trieing to do huge parking lots with one pick-up when they really need two loaders and we get 2ft.:p :p :p

11. SnAscksdck99

SnAscksdck99 Junior Member

its 8 days away guys.don't get all jumpie until saturday

12. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

5 to 10 cm!? ya hey dare canuck! honestly, the metric system is MUCH easier, however, being a third generation carpenter, when i need a 2x4, i can't imagine asking for a 5x10!....just sounds wrong!:nono:
    -Doc-

13. Bolts Indus.

It's still a 2x4 in Canada. That didn't change.

14. Bolts Indus.

It's still a 2x4 in Canada. That didn't change.

15. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

yah I here yah 04550, we have 2 backhoes and after big storms we always get calls to do snow removal which is good money and we usualy end up getting contacts because other guys get buried and can't handle them. Having the resources there during big storms is everything. I still would rather have a 13" storm once or twice a week and let the snow build up though rather than have it all at once.

16. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

doh now its monday into tuesday

17. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

I get a little nervous when they start predicting a week in advance. They have a hard enough time predicting what is going to happen tomorrow. Plus I don't like getting my hopes up.

18. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

hey guys,relax get some rest don't get worked up if it's gonna snow a week from now,worry about this week first...

this is coming from somebody who just had 4 inch snow fall this week..

19. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Weather forecasters :( Wouldn't love a job that you get paid for even when your wrong.:confused:

20. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have heard an old time weather man with over 30 years experience say you can't predict more then 3 days a head.
    But the public demands 5 or 7 day forecasts. So he said, I have to give those HAr-Har-Har advance forecasts. The weather channel just repeats the national weather services forecasts when you get it on the internet.