1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snows a coming

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mdb landscaping, Nov 25, 2002.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

looks like we will get our first plowable event wednesday. 3-4 inches predicted now, but could be more they say. I wish it couldve waited one more week. I still have a ton of leaves to do.
  2. copandplower

copandplower Member

Maybe your wish will come true, our weather "experts" have guesed wrong 3 times so far.
  3. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

rain snow mix for us here. Hope it turns into nothing...(did I just say that?) I'm still waiting on my salter motor from Angelo's.
  4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

MDB, I just saw the forcast when I woke this am, nothing about this last night at all. Wasnt in the 10 day "expert" forcast that I signed up for, and payed 600.00 for. May have to ask for a refund.
    Trucks are ready, dont know where they are going yet, as we still have 5 unsigned contracts floating around.
  5. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

6. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

SHOW ME THE SNOW Last day of classes down at the University before Thanksgiving is tomorrow soooo ill be all set to wake up in plow mode on Wednesday morning. Even though i was gonna do some Christmas lights oh well i guess the snow is a sign of a good thing to come ;)

7. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

brimow can u say what u heard again, i would be shocked, where all is it suppose to happen?
  8. Ben

Ben Member

Hope you get enough to plow, snowed here the other day but not enough to plow
  9. JRFire

JRFire Junior Member
    from PA

The weather channel is saying 6" for me... They didn't say anything about snow till this morning though:confused: I can't wait though (if it happens)
  10. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

snow before thanksgiving?
    i gave up on the weather people a long time ago. we'll see what happens.
  11. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I also wish it was next week, they are calling for up to 6" here. I still have about a week of leaves to finish, only one of my trucks is ready to go and even that truck i'm gonna have to cross my fingers because i never realy went over it i just hooked it up. Tomorrow is gonna be a scamble if this is realy gonna happen. I do have confidence that it's gonna happen because it's the one time i would rather it not (it'll propbly be our only storm this year to with my luck :rolleyes: )
  12. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

meteorologist here says light (2 to 4) to moderate (4 to 8) storm at this point but could be bigger. BIGGER IS BETTER :)

13. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

MDB, I am with you, we still arent done with our cleanups yet and it is really going to suck to have to do them after snow falls on the leaves so hope it isnt as much as they are saying, oh well guess we will deal with it when it comes, plus we are still short one driver/operator so someone will have a very busy route for the first storm. Oh well nothing can be perfect, at least everything is closed on Thursday
  14. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Thanksgiving is the only saving grace in all of this. At least we have all day to clean things up. Looks like 1/2 day on Tues to set up my truck with the spreader and plow.
    heres to everything working OK.
    Also is it just me or is Scott Hayney from WFSB 3 a little light in the loafers.
  15. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

he definately is one mcnugget shy of a happy meal. the happiest weather forecaster ive ever seen:D
  16. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Whats not to be happy about, he gets paid to be right 25% of the time!

17. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

Calling for 4-6 here. Really wish it would wait another week or two though. Still got cleanups to do; the leaves held on a week longer than last year and the weather hasn't been very cooperative the last week or so. And I'm still waiting for that new U-edge!!! Was hoping it wouldn't snow until I got it. That's what I get for waiting to order it. If this is the beginning of a long & snowy winter that's fine then, otherwise let the forecasters be wrong!
  18. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

AHHH snow!!! I have to go hook up all my bosses trucks tommorow and see if I can't get another one of his running. Then I have to come home and put my half painted fisher back together and put it on the beast. FUN FUN good luck to yall.
  19. Nailit1954

Nailit1954 Senior Member
    from ma.

Just checked weather channel site,their saying 1to3'' of heavy wet snow in Ma. I think I'm ready, but I allways feel better with the first storm under my belt!
    p.s no snow at all this season,not even a flake!:nod:
  20. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

YEA thats exactly what i said the first time i saw him "light in the loafers"