1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scoopdog, Jan 9, 2008.

1. scoopdog

scoopdog Junior Member
    from ohio

On Commercial accounts snow pushers are the only way to go. Buyers is now producing the scoopdogg (the old RCS model). If anyone needs pushers buyers has them in stock and at great end of season pricing. call 513-Nursery or you can also go to www.scoopdogg.com and check out these awesome pushers!!! Look for the Buyers web link at the top of the plowsite forum.
  2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

where did salt dogg come from and how did it get so BIG so fast?
  3. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

That link's no good
  4. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Somebody speak up and correct me if I am wrong. I am 95% sure Saltdogg is a Buyers product. Great move coming out with a new line and putting a different name on it. My opinion of Buyers is not very high. Now as for the walk behind Saltdogg spreader, I have nothing good to say about the one I bought last year. Worked great the first night. Fell apart after that. Couldn't get much service out of them either. For ice melt the dogg was fine, but so was the plastic wheeled Scott's spreader I bought for $20 at WM at 2am to finish doing some walks down the road. For rock salt it didn't hold up. No experience with the v-box Saltdogg spreaders but they seem to be getting rave reviews. I am sure for an economical pusher box, the Scoopdogg would be fine.
  5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

SnowDogg / SaltDogg / ScoopDogg are all from Buyers Products. They are all 100% engineered, built, and sold out of Mentor, OH.

The SaltDogg brand has been around for about 4-5 years now, with our double-walled 1.5yd spreader. The Buyers V-Box stainless steel (and carbon steel) spreaders have been brought into the SaltDogg line as well.

SnowDogg and ScoopDogg have only been released for sale to the public this year - so they are new. You'll be seeing more and more in the future - I guarantee it.

Scott Moorman
    Director of Engineering
    Buyers Products
  6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with your WB spreader. I'm not sure who your dealer was, but we try not leave our end users unhappy. Any WB spreaders sold last year should have been pretty bulletproof - and we back that up.

Scott Moorman
  7. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I just wish they would stand up for the ones that were faulty rather than everything after the fix.
  8. Little Jon

Little Jon Senior Member
    from Buffalo

ACS was a pusher that was originaly made by a guy who once worked for protech, he sold to Buyers, and Buyers renamed them scoop dogg. The dealer I was talking to yesterday said that so far there have only been minor things here and there with the scoops, but overall they are a good product, he is sold out of his 63 pushers and still getting a huge volume of calls for them.
  9. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I saw one of these pushers at MICH Cat earlier this year and they looked like a realy nice, strong well built pusher. As long as they are a little cheaper than pro techs then they should sell a ton of these. I feel that you pay for the protech name.

Regarding the spreaders I have 2 of the ss v boxes and they work GREAT! Only two seasons on them but not a single problem with them. Knock on wood. Oh and they are the cheapest on th market . WOW great product and low cost that doesn't happen any more these days.
    Now the push spreader they sell did needs some work in the early days. two hundred dollar push spreader and the gear boxes would go out. They did fix it and redesigned it and the new design works way better. Also they sent replacement boxes for the bad ones.
    Now if they could just design it so it cannot fall out the back of a truck, get left at a account across town or stolen by employees they they will sell even more!!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2008
  10. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

wish we knew of the repair,at that time my dealer didnt have one so he said it was garbage,so we pitched it ,then we found out later of the repair.:angry: sales tactics
  11. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

I have 2 of the 16' , bought from cat in October.

Only negative thus far, stickers fall off.

In retrospect next time I buy a box it will be a metal cutting edge with a trip.
    The rubber edges are nice but our plows with metal edges really get down to pavement.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  12. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Gee, it sure is nice to find out way after the fact they are trying to save face. Unfortunately, I made numerous attempts to get an answer out of them when it happened without any assistance from the manufacturer whatsoever. I chalked it up to the typical Buyers products of the past. Really makes me skeptical for any other purchases down the road. If you are sincerely interested in saving customers, send me a PM with a solution for the broken spreader hanging in the barn.
  13. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Please keep us posted whether you where taken care of or not. So often people are very willing to bad mouth a company but forget to acknowledge when a problem has been remedied.
    I had a couple of Buyers products (salt spreaders) and find them far superior over some of my more expensive stuff.

What do U get when you help someone who is really unhappy with your service or product? Just someone who is alot less unhappy...
  14. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

They never fixed my w/b spreader or even offered a solution for it. Only wanted to sell me a new one.
  15. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Guys - We've sold thousands of these spreaders. We don't make money by making customers upset. We don't sell anybody new spreaders - our dealers do. These spreaders with the original plastic gearboxes were sold during the first half of the '05-'06 winter season. The redesigned plastic gearbox (made of ABS), was a major improvement and was shipped as a no charge replacement to all customers who required it. The change to the steel gearbox was an engineering decision to further improve the product.

I would PM you, but I haven't posted enough yet. Give BPC a call at 440-974-8888 and tell them you need a plastic replacement gearbox for a WB100/200. I do know that we are out of the plastic gearboxes right now, but there are some on the way.

Unless you actually called Buyers and we're blown off (in which case I would want to know who you talked to) - I can't say much. I emphasize to our dealers that they need to talk to us before they say no to a customer.

Scott Moorman
    BPC Director of Engineering
  16. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Hey guys...

It sounds like Scott is trying to do the right thing here, give him a break. Like he said, they sold thousands! :angel:
  17. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

are there any plans on making a steel trip edge snowpusher in the future?
  18. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Not at this point, but we move pretty fast on pusher designs, so I'm not ruling anything out. Obviously a trip edge adds a lot of complexity to a very simple hunk of welded steel.

19. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I bought both our spreaders at Angelo's in Wixom and they helped me out getting the replacement gearbox