1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnowPusher on a pickup?

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by rcpd34, Nov 28, 2005.

1. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Has anyone ever mounted a snowpusher ona pickup? I'm thinking of putting an Avalanche pusher on a dually. Thoughts?

2. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

theres a guy around me that has one on a dually....have never talked to him though

3. plowed

plowed Senior Member

It's been discussed here and on the other site previously. If I recall correctly, the problem is when you're trying to turn....and you can't. You should be able to search for the topic.

4. Jim Prill

Jim Prill Member
    from Zion Il

A friend of mine had an avalanche on a 1983 f350 2wd dump truck. We would plow snow into the isle of the parking lot and he would stack it at the end with the pusher, it worked great without having any snow trailing off to either side. Just make shure you have ALOT!! of ballast and good front tires because it likes to control the truck.:nod:

5. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Man would love to see a picture of that,:cool:
    kingriver

6. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

id sure love to see that too :nod:

7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

just get a blizzard power plow

8. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I already have one. :rolleyes:

9. VanceCox@RASK

VanceCox@RASK Junior Member

Avalanche installed on a Ford Dually

While working at an equipment dealer here in Indiana I sold an 8' Avalanche to a large school corporation and mounted it on a 1995 Ford F-350 4x4 Dually. The truck had an existing Boss RT1 plow setup on it. The RT1 is a conventional setup where the hydraulics and lights stayed on the truck instead of the plow. This setup worked perfect to convert over to an Avalanche setup due to the fact that it used a lift chain. We just welded the A frame of the old Boss straight blade to the tube mounts that Avalanche provides on their pickup/truck style plows and they were on their way. They have been using the unit now for about 5 years and love it. It worked out well because they had a good heavy truck to push the unit, they didn't have to spend alot on retrofitting the avalanche to the
    Boss RT1 setup, and the truck is dedicated to making straight runs to move volume in the school's large parking lots. We also installed a 12' Avalanche on a 2 Ton 4x4 single axle that worked out really good as well.

10. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

I have a 93' W 250 with Cummins, it's really long WB (club cab long box) and is just used as a yard plow with an 8' Meyer straight blade. I would like to try a 'Pusher' type plow on it because we have many large staight areas to push snow and after a few feet is just spills off the straight blade.

Kirktymusic