1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snowpusher for pick-up

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by butter, Nov 28, 2001.

1. butter

butter Junior Member

just bought an artic 8ft poly trip edge with removable sides to make it a snow pusher if needed. just wondering if anybody else is running a pusher or turkey wings. if so, do u have to watch how much snow u are pushing, as i assume it will be hard on the tranny, if u get too much snow infront, especially if it's wet stuff. power shouldn't be a problem as i am running a duramax with the allison. just want to know a little info before the first time out, as i don't want to experiment during the first snow storm too much, as the first storm is usually not a light one. also do u guys running turkey wings use just one side on and one side off so u can wing and clean-up as needed without getting out and taking the sides on and off all the time. thanks for all the great info on this site as i think u learn a little every time u read anything on this forum.

let it start snowing white gold anytime:D :D :D
  2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

I would think YOU would have the least worries with that Allision....

As for the rest, plow in low range to reduce transmission pressure.