1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowpusher&CompactTractor

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MowingisMaddnes, Oct 12, 2004.

1. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

:help: Is anyone using a snowpusher on a compact tractor? Surely someone on this site is using this setup or the manufactors wouldn't offer it??? thanks, aj

2. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

I have a Kubota BX2200 with a loader and box blade on the rear, it works very well for what I use it for. I cannot give any input on the front blade. If you have a truck that plows, the loader is a better option for the tractor as it gives you more versatility and leaves the heavy pushing to the truck...just my experience.

Bill

3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I have used a 6foot meyers blade in the bucket on a CUT 30HP, and have been thinking about making it into a pusher becuase of how well the blade worked. My CUT is right around 4500 pounds with loader, and ballast. not sure how much wider i would want to go then 6 ft. I can tell you that we had no problems with 28" of snow with the plow on.

hope that helps.

4. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

8' ProTech

eng50, how big is your rear box blade? I have a box scraper for grading. Is that what you are using for a rear box blade?

salopez, I am surprised to hear your 6ft front blade is working so well. When I use a stardard blade on my tractor in open areas, I feel like I just chase the snow around...(just rolls out to the sides)....

I have a 43HP 4x4 Hydro Kubota that I use for landscaping and I want to increase its productivity this winter... It the past we just used 7ft rear blade(for tight spots) and the loader on front.

I have been reading info from Pro Tech and Avalance about there snowpushers(front)... Hoping someone on this site was already using this setup and willing to share there experiences with it... Thanks aj

5. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

My tractor is a compact diesel, the box blade is 5' and it just covers the rear tire tracks. I call it a box blade, but I believe we are talking about the same thing, it grades dirt as well. It provides just the right amount of ballast for my tractors loader and as an added plus pushes snow!!
    Hope this helps..

Bill

6. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I used the blade mostly for drives, in open areas you are right. the snow just rolls off. that is why I have been toying with the idea of making the plow into a pusher, but if i do tht i will loose a plow....not sure what to do. I do think that an 8ft pusher would be fantastic on a 4310. just add a cab to keep warm.

7. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

Cab

I forgot to say it has a cab :)

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I have seen those on bobcats and compact loaders n/p

9. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

Pro-Tech

On Pro-Tech's website they have some pictures of a JohnDeere with a snowpusher. It doesn't look very impressive :( . Not moving a lot of snow and not cleaning the surface well at all.

http://www.snopusher.com/spm_cu.asp

I have used rubber edges on my trucks before and was not impressed with them. We don't use salt(customers choice not mine) and the rubber edge just will not clean down to the pavement like a metal edge. I think ProTech and Avalance snowpushers have rubber edges and that doesn't excite me. And I found a few posts from people complaining about the rubber edges on snowpushers last season... aj